Senior Information Technology Technician - Lab/Area Microcomputer Support
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Posting Title Senior Information Technology Technician - Lab/Area Microcomputer Support Location Los Rios Community College District (Cosumnes River College) Department Location Learning Resources and College Technology Posting Number C00950P The Institution
Cosumnes River College (CRC) values diversity, focuses on creativity and personal enrichment, and empowers students to reach their full potential as informed and productive members of the community. CRC is a leader in innovative ideas and sustainable values. One of the four colleges of the Los Rios Community College District, Cosumnes River College seeks candidates who are knowledgeable about the impact of implicit bias in teaching and learning, and who implement culturally responsive teaching techniques and effective practices for engaging students.
Serving south Sacramento County and Elk Grove since 1970, CRC’s main campus and its Elk Grove center provide a dynamic learning environment for more than 14,000 ethnically and racially diverse students. One of the top 10 most diverse 2-year public colleges in the nation (noted in the Almanac of Higher Education, Fall 2015), CRC is a student-centered, open-access community college dedicated to preparing students for an ever-changing future.
CRC awards Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees, Associate degrees for Transfer, Career Education certificates, and transfer credit for students who intend to continue their education at a four- year college or university. Our 200+ programs include automotive technology, radio, television and film, allied heath, veterinary technology, and architecture and design technology, among others.
With a focus on improving completion outcomes for all students, programs like Umoja, the Puente project, and DIOP Scholars and Native American Higher Ed Resources, look to increase the number of Latinx, African-American, and Native American students who complete a degree, certificate and/or transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Student support services and programs including CARE, EOPS, Enriched Scholars, and First Year Experience enhance the ability of all students to complete college. CRC is recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and as an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
CRC strives to be an exemplary and innovative community college that empowers students and employees to strengthen the cultural, social, economic, and environmental well-being of their communities.
This is the lead position in this class. Incumbents function as team leaders and/or technical specialists. Distinguished from the Technician I and II levels by the amount of responsibility, leadership, and discretion exercised, expertise demonstrated, and complexity and scope of work performed. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Learning Resource Center.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details)
This position primarily supports instructional computer labs utilizing Apple mac OS and Apple iOS.Assignment Responsibilities
In addition to the typical duties of an Information Technology Technician I & II, the Senior Information Technology Technician:
● Acts as a focal point for requests, problems and issues affecting the unit.
● Leads and participates in projects of considerable scope including administration of instructional servers for multiple area departments, and maintenance of databases.
● Provides technical architectural and modification guidelines.
● Provides support for local network administration including workstations, maintaining directory structures, installing, configuring and maintaining print, file, and local web servers.
● Assigns system resources, assigns and monitors staff assignments, and special projects.
● Assists students with appropriate procedures, and aids instructors by assisting students with basic concept understanding and skill acquisition.
● Participates in the development of procedures, policies, and guidelines for the operation of the unit.
● Leads and participates in the planning of migrations to new or improved hardware and software products.
● Provides leadership, direction, and training to Information Technology Technicians and other staff by teaching them new and easier ways of using software applications.
● Assigns system resources by setting permissions and creating accounts for faculty, staff, and students.
● Prepares computer use reports.
● Maintains, troubleshoots, repairs hardware and peripherals.
● Works with vendors to keep workstations functioning.
● Reviews applications.
● Interviews and hires student help as needed.
● Reviews their timesheets.
● Monitors budgets.
● Forecasts employment costs for student assistants.
● Requisitions supplies within budget allocations as required.
● Completes return merchandise authorization forms for vendors as appropriate.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TECHNICIAN I & II DUTIES:
● Tracks and manages computer assets.
● Serves as a technical consultant to faculty, staff, and students; and assists faculty, staff, and students with hardware, software, and/or operational problem reporting.
● Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs hardware and software problems to provide continued operation.
● Assists students with appropriate procedures.
● Aids instructors by assisting students with basic concept understanding and skill acquisition; and consults with faculty and staff regarding desktop hardware, software, and lab design and operation.
● Installs and supports hardware and software in the environment of a lab or other designated area.
● Performs related duties as required.
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – FridayTotal Hrs per Week/Day 40 hours per week Special Requirements
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a medical evaluation.Minimum Qualifications
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: An Associate degree in computer sciences or closely related field (or completion of an equivalent certificate program) and two years in class of Information Technology Technician II; OR, an Associate degree in computer science or closely related field (or completion of an equivalent certificate program) and four years of experience directly related to job duties; OR, a combination of training and/or experience totaling six years that is likely to have provided the required level of knowledge and abilities.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)Application Instructions
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required if using education to meet the Minimum Qualifications of this position).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.Physical Demands Salary $4,638.69 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note Posting Detail Information Posting Date 06/11/2019 Closing Date 07/03/2019 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
N/AHow and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.Conditions
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.Quicklink http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/11670 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime", P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed, copy and paste the provided link, for the form <a href="http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf" target="_blank">http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf</a> and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- * Please cut and paste the provided link to read and review the CRC Statement concerning the value of cultural competence.https://pa-hrsuite-production.s3.amazonaws.com/2949/docs/133235.pdf I have reviewed the CRC Statement Concerning the Value of Cultural Competence:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5