Information Technology Vendor & Contract Analyst
Job Title: Information Technology Vendor & Contract Analyst
Location: Case Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 7655
Working under general supervision review new and renewal IT contracts to determine correct business language, redundancy in service requests, fiscal responsibility/cost reasonableness, and need for review by office of general counsel and/or procurement. Ensures compliance with university policies and procedures, government regulations and information technology industry protocols, with specific emphasis on digital accessibility. Acts as consultant/liaison with customers on all matters affecting contractual agreements. Interact with senior university administration, and all levels of support staff, outside law firms, businesses and state/federal government agencies, and represents the UTech department in all means of communication. Assist with all aspects of IT vendor relationship management, including but not limited to new vendor assessment and vendor performance evaluation.
- Plan, conduct and provide direct input on contract related aspects of projects or major phases of significant projects. Work with internal stakeholders in the performance of assigned activities in regards to contract management. Administer contracts of moderate complexity. Assist in negotiation with the customer contract terminology, pricing, technical requirements and scope. Recommend contract changes, including revisions and coordinate the preparation and negotiation of change orders, supplemental agreements, price re-determination, etc. affecting the life of the contract. (50%)
- Monitor internal progress of contracts with various operating units to ensure fulfillment of and compliance with contract terms and requirements. Monitor and review claims for completeness, accuracy and conformance with relevant regulations. (25%)
- Prepare all necessary internal reports for management and periodic reports to contracting officers as required. (10%)
- Assist in developing policies, procedures and practices relating to IT contract administration. (10%)
Perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to process training. (5%)
Department: Daily contact with Senior Leaders, Leadership and staff to inform, review, and approve relevant IT contract terms and provide status reports.
University: Daily contact with directors of administrative departments, faculty and staff involved in the negotiation of contract terms to communicate IT contract requirements
External: Daily contact with vendors to communicate university policies, procedures and IT contract requirements. Moderate contact with vendors and vendors’ legal counsel to negotiate contract terms. Infrequent contact with state/federal government agencies and outside law firms.
Education/Experience: Associate’s degree with 9 years of progressive experience required including exposure to Information Technology concepts required – OR – a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field with 3 years progressive experience. Experience in service management, enterprise applications, IT analysis, technology acquisitions preferred. Experience in legal environment preferred. Experience in digital accessibility analysis and standards adherence preferred. Basic working knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act and accessibility preferred.
- Strong computer skills – Advanced features of current versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, required. Windows 7 or higher. Internet research abilities. Proficient with databases. Knowledge of Visio preferred.
- Strong knowledge, understanding of and compliance to university policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of contracting principles, law regulations and procedures preferred.
- Familiarity with price and cost analysis principles.
- Strong ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work well under constantly changing deadlines and priorities.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, and function with limited supervision. Displays initiative, enthusiasm, and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Accountability/integrity, customer/quality focus, diversity/maturity, flexibility/receptivity, interpersonal relations, leadership/supervision, planning/organizing, project management, self-development, and teamwork.
- Ability to work with a complex set of standards, procedures and terminology, applying significant attention to detail, accuracy and verification. Ability to learn new skills and systems.
- Excellent communication skills. Communicating effectively in presentations and writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Talking to others to convey information effectively. Ability to actively listen and be responsive to verbal and non-verbal clues. Excellent grammar, spelling, syntax and proofreading skills. Ability to interact with colleagues, supervisors, and customers face to face.
- Ability to develop networks and use them to strengthen internal and external support. Ability to identify opportunities and take action to build strategic relationships between University Technology and other university areas, teams, departments, etc., to help achieve business goals. (Building Strong Alliances Skills)
- Ability to respond to difficult, stressful or sensitive interpersonal situations in ways that reduce or minimize potential conflict and maintain good working relationships among internal and external customers. The ability to recognize awkward or potentially embarrassing situations that sometimes arise. Always aware of tone and careful choice of words, while at the same time ensuring that the intended message is clear, polite and readily understood. (Tact & Diplomacy Skill)
- Ability to look at situations from multiple perspectives, break problems into component parts, and look for underlying causes and think through the consequences of different courses of action (Analytical Skills).
- Ability to optimize the use of time and resources to achieve the desired results; effectively plan and organize work to minimize crises; prioritize appropriately. (Planning and Organization Skills)
- Ability to identify various types of problems, as well as opportunities for increased efficiency and improvement, along with the creation of workable solutions. Requires the identification and analysis of problems, evaluation of alternatives, and provision of solutions. (Problem Solving Skills)
- Ability to develop in-depth understanding of client needs in order to be more helpful. The ability to consider how different audiences are likely to respond and choose the best method of communicating the message to each audience. (Customer Focus Skill)
- Consistently models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust, openness and respect for the individual. Embraces diversity. (Ethic/Integrity Skills)
- Ability to recognize the importance of certain tasks and responsibilities and the ability to prioritize to ensure that deadlines are met. (Dependability & Reliability Skill)
- Ability to meet consistent attendance.
Professional office setting. Due to time constraints, many functions must be completed on set deadlines. Travel between various locations on campus may be required. The position requires typing on a computer keyboard and using a computer mouse and a printer. The employee may be required to attend meetings/functions outside normal working hours.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://employment.case.edu/psp/ERECRUIT_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0');if (typeof(TextAreaObject) != 'undefined' && TextAreaObject != null) TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;Diversity Statement
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://employment.case.edu/psp/ERECRUIT_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$1','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$1');if (typeof(TextAreaObject) != 'undefined' && TextAreaObject != null) TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;Reasonable Accommodations
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216-368-8877 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://employment.case.edu/psp/ERECRUIT_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$2','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$2');if (typeof(TextAreaObject) != 'undefined' && TextAreaObject != null) TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;