Educational Program Coordinator
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general supervision of the Administrator or designee, the Educational Program Coordinator performs a wide range of complex course preparation, technical, and confidential administrative support tasks essential to the educational programs and mission of the department.Responsibilities
- Prepare web-based course materials. Create and post documents that will be distributed as PDF files, downloads etc.
- Format HTML files to produce student course books, collaborate with course directors, faculty, and other UMMS departments to provide course materials in electronic formats.
- Assist course directors in developing and implementing a range of multimedia resources for teaching including course web pages on the intra and internet
- Assist in the development and preparation of teaching materials for the courses and labs. Organize and maintain virtual microscopy images, other forms of digital media, and physical teaching aides that are used in the department
- Maintain confidential databases that track data such as student performance, course schedules, faculty, unit evaluations, etc and report this statistical data to the appropriate parties as assigned.
- Assist with course organization and day to day operations, technology, and multimedia support to several faculty members teaching multiple medical school courses. Assist course directors in planning and preparing course schedules and confirming participants. Schedules and confirm outside speakers as assigned.
- Prepare PowerPoint and other multimedia presentations for classroom and web education.
- Prepare classrooms and labs with both technology and physical set-ups
- In collaboration with the course directors, organize, produce, and distribute all printed course materials
- Schedule meetings, reserve rooms for educational activities, and organize other supplementary teaching activities
- Serve as a first contact for inquiries about educational programs
- Provide administrative support for lecture, report, and presentation preparation
- Schedule meetings and act as a liaison for guest teaching faculty
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in education, biological sciences, business or computer science, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated ability to operate and trouble shoot state-of-the-art multimedia AV equipment
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously in a fast paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and coordinate multiple simultaneous projects
- Demonstrated ability in database, imaging, Microsoft office, desk top publishing, and web-based software
- Interpersonal skills necessary for interacting effectively with students, faculty and a wide range of staff