Student Services Assistant & Front Desk Coordinator
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-06-11
The University of Virginia, School of Engineering and Applied Science seeks applicants for an Student Services Assistant & Front Desk Coordinator. The Department of Computer Science is looking for a dynamic, self-starter, who enjoys some variety in their daily work, and excels at providing customer service .
- Familiarity with Undergraduate academic policies and procedures
- Run UBI reports to track majors, advisors, student progress
- Academic Processes, including: processing undergraduate forms, processing exceptions in SIS, coordinating with SEAS & College Registrars, as well as other Schools.
- ABET Measure collection and maintenance.
- Programs used: SIS, UBI, Google Drive, Outlook, Office
Front Desk Coordination
- Coverage of the front desk
- Organization and management of all aspects of the main CS desk, including: Printer & ink inventory, keys & parking passes, office supply inventory & ordering, faculty office hours schedule, syllabi & final exam storage, forms, copying/scanning, conference room scheduling & access, TA office hours scheduling, facilities/housekeeping tickets, Fresh Desk tickets, other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Respond to inquiries
- Respond to inquiries from students, parents, faculty, and other constituents, including: setting up visits to the CS department, and creation of “swag” bags/information packets for visitors.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and sound judgement
- Disseminate accurate information to students, faculty and other constituents.
- Programs used: Outlook, Google Docs, CS Website, SEAS Website
- Assist with various CS UG Events such as Fall Major Night, Town Halls, Awards Ceremonies, Open House, Graduation/Finals Weekend, CS Lecture Series.
- Assist with set up & break down of conference rooms as needed for events.
- Order food for various events, meetings, etc.
- Programs used: Outlook, Google Docs, America To Go, Office
- Assure cleanliness and functionality of the kitchens, conference rooms, etc.; call housekeeping/facilities or purchase items when necessary.
- Make sure new faculty offices have all necessary supplies, furniture, technology, etc.
Education: High school diploma
Experience: Four years of student related administrative support experience. Bachelor's degree may substitute for experience.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers, but you will regularly have to walk the building to make sure spaces are in order, and occasionally assist with moving light office furniture and supplies related to set-up and break-down of department meetings and events, and the job will also occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
Review of applications is on-going, and the position will remain open until filled. For questions about the application process please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior Academic Recruiter, [email protected].
The anticipated start date for this position is August 2019.
PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for R0006644. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, complete the application and attach a cover letter.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.