MEITE Student Services Coordinator
Posting InformationPosition Information Position Type Permanent Staff (SHRA) Is this an internal only recruitment? No Position Title Admin Support Specialist - Advanced Working Title MEITE Student Services Coordinator Position Number 20031068 Vacancy ID P010272 Budgeted Hiring Range $33,000 - $35,000 prorated at 0.75 FTE Pay Band Information
To learn more about the pay band for this branch and role, please see the Career Banding rates spreadsheet.Salary Grade Equivalent GN07 Full-time/Part-time Permanent/Time-Limited Part-Time Time-Limited If time-limited, estimated duration of appointment 2 years Hours per week 30 Work Schedule
Flexible, Monday – Friday 9am – 4pmDepartment Name and Number School of Education Deans Ofc-340100 Date First Posted 06/12/2019 Closing Date 07/01/2019 Position Location Chapel Hill, NC Position Posting Category Administrative/Clerical Support Position Summary Information Department Description
The School of Education is an academic unit reporting to the Provost. The School is a major center of research, teaching, and public service within the State of North Carolina, the nation, and the world. The School offers a full range of undergraduate and graduate study, including programs for early interventionists, K-12 teacher licensure for the general population and children with disabilities, principals, and school psychologists and counselors in North Carolina. The school’s doctoral programs prepare future leaders and researchers who populate the ranks of peer research universities and various educational enterprises.
The mission of the School of Education is to conduct research, and generate basic and applied knowledge about teaching and learning, as well as educational policy and leadership; prepare leaders in the profession of education by conducting outstanding research, teaching, and service; and assist in the development of strong and effective public schools in North Carolina.
MEITE is a professional master’s degree program, personalized to your goals and interests, that includes an internship with an innovative educational organization. In MEITE, students learn to develop the leading edge of educational technologies and curriculum, and explore, participate and lead organizations that support edupreneurs to scale their ideas to a larger market.
Based in the research triangle, MEITE is working with leading educators, entrepreneurs, and other industry experts to invent the future of education. The program is offered in collaboration with Kenan-Flagler Business School, the School of Information and Library Science and the Department of Computer Science.
The MEITE program develops leaders in educational innovation who:
-Create learning environments of the future
-Design, scale, and/or commercialize breakthrough educational technologies, pedagogy and curriculum based on the science of learning
-Inspire transformational change in technology-intensive learning organizations.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Position Description
Position Summary Information
- Admission Management: Work in partnership with the Director of the MEITE program, Director of Recruiting, and Office of Student Affairs to manage all aspects of the MEITE admissions funnel, including the marketing, recruitment and applications for the MEITE program. Attend onsite and host online recruiting events. Represent accurate admissions criteria in all print and web-based documents. Promote MEITE using its social media channels. Use Slate CRM for admissions management, implement new technology, as needed and available, to streamline and improve processes. Review and recommend changes to current policies and developing procedures. Makes appropriate introductions between candidates, faculty, and former students.
- Program Advisory Support: Serve as a first-point of contact for students interested in learning more about the MEITE program, and as an ongoing contact for admissions, funding, housing, internship and programmatic related questions for MEITE candidates and students. Works with MEITE Director to ensure all web and print materials reflect accurate programmatic information.
- Internship Placement Management: Support the MEITE Director with placement solicitation and data collection for all METIE candidates. Manage internship placements, conduct site visits at least once per semester, facilitate delivery of internship placement requests and collaborate with school partners, seek out paid internship opportunities, maintain internship placement databases for program assessment and accreditation reporting needs, and distribute annual internship surveys.
- Scholarship Support: Support the annual scholarships for MEITE candidates. Prepare materials for MEITE Scholarship Committee to review and schedule the times for the committee to meet. Manages the list of awards given to recipients. Ensure that all fund balances are obtained and award restrictions are clearly stated and followed. Responsible for issuing awards letters to recipients and return signed letters to the OSSA, SOE Finance and Operations Office, and SOE Development Office.
- Recruitment: Oversee all contracts in coordination with the Business Office, arrangements, and travel to attend conferences to exhibit and recruit future students. Work with the MEITE Program Director to manage the program’s social media accounts and post to them on a regular basis.Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalency and one year of related office experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of appropriate business practices and procedures. Ability to facilitate business processes and operations by ensuring continuity, integration of policies and procedures with the work unit goals and objectives.
- Ability to compile, organize, summarize and analyze data.
- Ability to review information for compliance with laws and regulations.
- Ability to review, examine, and prepare documents.
- Ability to communicate information to individuals or groups, deliver presentation suited to the audience, and to clearly and concisely convey information.Preferred Qualifications
Minimum 3 years experience in college student recruitment, enrollment management, admissions, program marketing, social media outreach and management, and internship coordination with employers and Master’s degree preferred.Required Licenses/Certifications Special Physical and Mental Requirements Position/Schedule Requirements Position Attributes Stimulus/ARRA Funded No Quick Link http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/164112 Contact Information Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Administrative Support Specialist position.
- High school diploma/GED and at least one year of office support experience
- Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate in any field
- Combination of post high school education and/or experience in office support to equal at least 1 year
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and office support experience to equal 5 years (ex. 1 year of high school and 4 years experience)
- None of the above
- * Describe your experience in college student recruitment, enrollment management, admissions, program marketing, social media outreach, or internship coordination with employers.
(Open Ended Question)