Customer Service Supervisor
Job location: 11030 S. Langley
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-06-12
Please make sure to read the job posting in its entirety as it reflects both the University roles and responsibilities, followed by the specific description.Department5674510 Press/Distribution CenterAbout the UnitThe University of Chicago Press Distribution Center (CDC) fulfills orders of UChicago books as well as those of roughly 125 other scholarly publishers. Those orders primarily come from authors, professors, bookstores and major wholesalers.Job FamilyCustomer Service & SalesResponsible for developing and maintaining good relationships with internal as well as external customers. Will ensure that goods and services provided meet the customers needs.Career Track and Job LevelSalesManages the sale of products and/or services and/or key accounts. Reviews and analyzes sales performance against programs, quotas, and plans to determine effectiveness. Designs, coordinates, and ensures the execution of sales and marketing programs. Establishes and maintains relationships with dealers, manufacturers, and customers.P1: Performs routine assignments in the entry level to a professional job progression. Typically requires a college or university degree or the equivalent work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts. Develops competence by performing structured work assignments. Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems. Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others.Role ImpactIndividual ContributorResponsibilitiesThe job performs routine assignments related to the sales of products and/or services and/or key accounts. Prepares analysis of sales performance against programs, quotas, and plans to determine effectiveness. Assists in the design and coordinates sales and marketing programs.1) Achieves sales target in a transactional sales process within an assigned portfolio of customers, products or services., 2) Articulates the strengths and limitations of assigned products/services and competitor products., 3) Works independently and/or as part of a team within an assigned area or account base on small to moderately-sized accounts/opportunities with limited complexity., 4) Reviews contract terms with manager., 5) Performs other related work as needed.
1) Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, this position will provide oversight and support daily operations within the CDC’s Customer Service Department.
2) Train new staff, supervise daily activities and assist staff in their handling of difficult inquiries and requests.
3) Respond to direct customer requests and correspondence via telephone and email.
4) May develop or recommend policies and procedures for customer service area.
5) Communicates, implements and interprets policies and procedures for customers and customer service representatives.
6) Performs work related to duties of assigned personnel.
7) Resolves difficult and complex problems.
8) May monitor performance of staff members according to established monitoring standards.
9) May assist with hiring decisions and/or performance appraisals.
1) Good written and verbal communication skills.
2) High level of discretion in sensitive matters.
3) Customer Service oriented. Ability to multi-task.
1) Ability to stand for 2 hours to 4 hours
2) Ability to sit for 2 hours to 4 hours
3) Standard Office EnvironmentEducation, Experience, and CertificationsMinimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through < 2 years of work experience in a related job discipline.
1) At least two years of customer service experience, preferably in a warehouse and publishing environment.
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Certifications
1) Customer service skills
2) Proficiency with computers
3) Microsoft Office skills and experience
4) Strong organizational skills
5) Strong interpersonal skills
6) Strong problem-solving skills
7) Ability to coordinate the work of others
8) Ability to maintain confidentiality
9) Must type a minimum of 30 words per minute
2) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.FLSA StatusNon-ExemptPay FrequencyBiweeklyPay GradeDepends on QualificationsScheduled Weekly Hours40Benefits EligibleYesDrug Test RequiredNoHealth Screen RequiredNoMotor Vehicle Record Inquiry RequiredNoPosting Date2019-06-12-07:00Remove from Posting On or Before2019-12-12-08:00Posting StatementThe University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.