Grant and Contract Specialist
Position DetailsPosition Details Job Title Grant and Contract Specialist Position Number 8150563 Job Category University Staff Job Type Full-Time FLSA Status Exempt Campus Maywood-Health Sciences Campus Department Name OFFICE OF RESEARCH SERVICES Location Code RESEARCH PROGRAM (06120A) Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinates the workflow of a number of research-related agreements from a variety of sponsors including clinical trial agreements, research service agreements, data use agreements, non-disclosure agreements, material transfer agreements, and others, through all stages of the negotiation process, from intake to full execution; ensures proper identification of all agreements in regards to data integrity and regulatory compliance requirements, prioritization and assignment of agreements, and; collaborates effectively with faculty, staff, sponsors, Loyola University Medical Center (“LUMC”) and other third parties in relation to these agreements.
- Manage the workflow of all agreements through the negotiation process, from intake to full execution
- Review new assignments for required documents and the integrity of data in electronic interdepartmental routing system
- Review new assignments for appropriate agreement type and that any necessary regulatory compliance requirements are identified
- Prioritize and manage agreement assignment to staff based on multiple factors
- Continuously review and follow-up with appropriate party regarding agreements in queue
- Work with clinical study coordinators to ensure clinical trial agreements include accurate and necessary components
- Work with regulatory staff to ensure all required compliance has been obtained prior to execution of agreements
- Engage faculty, staff, sponsors, and other third parties to effectively shepherd all agreements to full execution
- Implement technology solutions to improve the contract administration process
- Review grant agreements for problematic terms and conditions
- Draft templates for various agreement types and negotiate with third parties
- Negotiate and finalize terms and conditions of non-disclosure and material transfer agreements, as well as others
- Perform other duties as required.
Bachelor degree required. At least (2) years of grant administration experience, with some experience in an academic setting preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Contract drafting, negotiation, and administration experience also preferred.Qualifications
Bachelor degree required. At least (2) years of grant administration experience, with
some experience in an academic setting preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in contract drafting and negotiation a plus.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize staff workload effectively and efficiently
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office software, specifically with Excel and Word
- Ability to quickly learn and manage electronic database systems
- Ability to draft and negotiate basic agreements
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to write clearly and informatively
- Ability to meet challenges with resourcefulness
- Ability to develop innovative approaches and ideas
- Good task estimation skills
- Accomplished at developing and maintaining business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure, time-sensitive environment.
- Experience reading and or auditing contracts
- You’re curious, insightful and have great business acumen
Strong Microsoft Excel skillsSupervisory Responsibilities No Required operation of university owned vehicles No Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? No Physical Demands None Working Conditions None Open Date 04/24/2019 Close Date Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Posting http://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/10826 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have contract drafting, negotiation, and administration experience?
- * Do you have at least (2) years of grant administration experience?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document