Administrative Assistant V
Job location: Worcester
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-06-12
JOB TITLEAdministrative Assistant VLOCATIONWorcesterDEPARTMENT NAMEComputer Science DepartmentDIVISION NAMEWorcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYProvide a wide variety of administrative support for a large academic department in a multiple administrative-assistant-support environment.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Receive visitors, faculty and students as well as provide administrative support for the department including assisting with expense reports, creating check requests, photo copying and faxing.
- Distribute student/faculty keys and computer accounts. Serve as point of contact with Facilities Department and prepare work order requests.
- Update department bulletin boards.
- Manage department supplies inventory. Re-stock copy and supply rooms. Order faculty books.
- Order department supplies and purchasing card.
- Collaborate with faculty and Admissions Office to schedule prospective student visits.
- Assist the colloquia coordinator with organizing colloquia including creation of announcements.
- Assist in the preparation for department meetings.
- Assist in updating and maintaining department web site.
- Prepare necessary forms for the hiring of undergraduate student workers.
- Work with student workers.
- Assist in planning departmental events.
- Maintain office and CS public areas.
- Support Administrative Assistant VI in the daily operations of the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent with a minimum of 1-3 years of office or secretarial experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient using MS Office and MS Outlook.