Associate Director, Grants Management
Department: Grants Department
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Jun 12, 2019
Ref No.: NUP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, serving some 18,000 students annually across all modes of instruction. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry specific training programs. The College is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is a Hispanic and Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 900 International Students attend from 107 countries, speaking 75 languages.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Grants, the Associate Director of Grants Management directs and manages the Grants Management Team that is responsible for fiscal management and regulatory compliance for grant funded programs. This position is responsible for management of grant funds and financial reporting and analysis, as well as managing other accounting tasks including but not limited to financial data analysis, reconciliations, payroll responsibilities and budget assistance.
- Responsible for the post award financial and accounting functions for grants, in accordance with federal/state regulations, generally accepted accounting principles, and grant policies/guidelines;
- Oversees grant billing, receivables and draw-down as appropriate;
- Establishes standards for audit ready files for individual grants in accordance with the unique terms and conditions of each grant, directs the maintenance of active grant fiscal files, and ensures the proper archiving of fiscal records as required by funding agencies.
- In collaboration with the Comptroller, ensures that all financial, ethical and regulatory aspects of grants management are fully consistent with College accounting policies, procedures, systems and internal controls.
- Collaborates with College deans, directors and faculty in the fiscal and compliance administration of grant-funded programs. Provides training and guidance in managing grant budgets, spending grant funds and completing financial and compliance reports.
- Provides institutional leadership in establishing, writing and implementing college policies, procedures and standards for regulatory compliance and fiscal administration of grant-funded programs.
- Acts as institutional fiscal liaison to multiple funding agencies for contract/budget amendments, institutional oversight and supervision of program monitoring and grant audits.
- Takes leadership in identifying and organizing college-wide efforts to keep pace with new or changing regulatory compliance issues that may impact availability of funding and reimbursement.
- Takes part in creating and reviewing College wide policies and procedures and continuous workflow improvements.
- Assists in preparation of audit support for the College's annual grant audit and other grant audits, and provides supporting documentation to external auditors;
- Sub-recipient Monitoring?Creates policies, procedures and standards to ensure grant funds that pass through the College to outside agencies are accounted for in relationship to contract terms and conditions, directives from the awarding agency, and College policies and procedures. Conversely, the Associate Director works with outside agencies that are monitoring the College as a sub-recipient.
- Oversees preparation and submission of grant financial management and compliance reports, in coordination with Grant Management staff, grant directors and coordinators.
- Directly supervises the activities and performance of Grant Management staff. Supervision may also include contractors or part-time staff working on fiscal or compliance aspects of grant-funded projects. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; and appraising performance.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree, Master's Degree or post-baccalaureate credential preferred.
- At least three years full-time accounting experience.
- Experience managing multi-year budgets totaling more than $1 million, on-line payment management systems.
- Experience in staff supervision and/or team leadership.
- Experience monitoring regulatory compliance in accordance with the federal register, federal codes and OMB circulars.
- Strong accounting, re conciliation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet ongoing deadlines.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Familiarity with Ellucian accounting software, PeopleSoft and MMARS (Massachusetts Management, Accounting and Reporting System) preferred.
Salary Range: $75,000.00-$80,000.00
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration All Application Materials Must Be Received By June 27, 2019.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE