Adjunct Instructor, Vocational Nursing Program
Posting DetailsPosition Information Security Sensitive Statement
This position is security sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215 which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Posting Information Position TitleAdjunct Instructor, Vocational Nursing ProgramIs this an Adjunct PositionYesPosition Number799910Posting Number201500036FACStart Date04/27/2018Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions To Applicants
The application must be completed in full detail (including work history) for your qualifications to be considered. Failure to complete the application completely may result in your not being considered for the vacant position. Your application for the position will not be complete until you receive an online confirmation number at the end of the process of applying for a position.
Review of qualified applicants will begin immediately with the desire to hire dependent upon the need of the program.
The following documents are requested: cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts, and three (3) letters of reference. However, for the review process we will accept three (3) professional references, name, phone number and e-mail address. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
In compliance with House Bill 558, passed during the 76th Legislative session,
Lamar State College-Port Arthur requires that all male U.S. Citizens from 18 to 26 years of age provide proof of registration with the Selective Service System or exemption of such registration, prior to employment.
Lamar State College-Port Arthur is an E-Verify Employer.
If you have questions, please contact the Human Resources Offie at (409) 984-6237.
The Instructor reports directly to the Vocational Nursing Program Coordinator. The primary duties of this position includes instruction in a classroom and lab. The position also includes clinical instruction and supervision. Continues professional development. Performs other related duties as required.Minimum Qualifications
Must be a Registered Nurse and approved to practice in the State of Texas. Graduate of an approved nursing program. Three (3) years of nursing experience. Must be currently employed in nursing or nursing education for the previous three (3) years.
Ability to understand the teaching and evaluation methodologies used in the total instructional process.
Knowledge of curriculum development.
Ability to work with little or no supervision.
High degree of communication skills, written and spoken.
Ability to evaluate programs and procedures.
Ability to deal with parents, students, faculty and staff in a professional manner.
Must be able to demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of students from diverse backgrounds.
Ability to plan, schedule, and manage projects and assignments.
Ability to establish effective working relationships with others.
Ability to positively promote the campus image.
Ability to follow established college policies and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, speak, listen, and see. The employee is occasionally required to sit, lift, push, pull and carry objects.
Occasional Travel required. Valid Texas Drivers License with a good driving record required.
Normal classroom and lab setting. Clinical experiences are typically performed in the hospital, community setting, nursing homes and simulation lab. Some hazardous conditions exist.
Teaching experience, experience in public speaking, and experience using Microsoft Office Word and PowerPoint.
A desire to work as part of a team.
Duties and responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
1. Provides quality, innovative and evidence-based instruction. Teaches students in the classroom, clinical skills lab, simulation lab and clinical affiliate facilities.
2. Maintains academic and professional standards as established by the Texas Board of Nursing.Essential Job Functions Essential Job Functions
3. Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum.Essential Job Functions Essential Job Functions
4. Participates in guidance and counseling of students in program appropriate content.Essential Job Functions Essential Job Functions
6. Establishes effective and professional working relationships with others.Essential Job Functions Essential Job Functions
8. Maintains current evidence-based knowledge, clinical expertise, and safety in the subject areas related to teaching responsibility. Performs related duties as requiredReference Letter References Minimum Requests3Maximum Requests3Last Day a Reference Provider Can Submit ReferenceSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * How many years of nursing experience do you have?
- over 8 years
- * How many years of experience do you have as a Nurse Educator?
- over 4 years
- * What is your highest level of nursing degree achieved?
- * Do you have experience in public speaking?
- * How would you rank your proficiency in using Microsoft Office Word and PowerPoint?
- * Do you have experience in using the Blackboard Learning Management System?
- * How would you describe your ability to work as a member of a team?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a valid Texas Drivers License?
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Transcripts 2
- Transcripts 3
- Selective Service