Requisition InformationPosition Information Posted with Limited AccessNoLimited Access Period Ending DateTitleHR AssistantPosting NumberS01286Full-Time/Part-TimePart-timeTypical Hours Per Week18.75Regular, Temporary or TermTermIf temporary or term, enter anticipated end date12/23/2019Benefits Eligible?NoHourly/SalariedHourlyBand/LevelOP3Hiring Minimum$18.14/hourDepartmentHuman Resources (Monterey)LocationMonterey, CA CampusHire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screeningCriminal Background Check Position Summary Position Summary
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Analyst provides general customer service and administrative support (primarily timesheet/payroll processing) to the Human Resources Department. This is a part-time (.5 FTE) staff position.Responsibilities Essential Functions
• Maintains confidentiality and delivers excellent customer service.
• Develops and maintains effective communication and a positive working relationship with all managers, faculty and staff to ensure that HR is meeting their needs; works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from supervisors.
• Acts as administrator/facilitator for HRIS/payroll system in coordination with Payroll Practitioner and Middlebury College counterparts.
• May calculate and process special checks; reviews, edits and makes corrections and adjustments.
• Responds to employees’ questions and concerns pertaining to human resources, employment, and compensation.
• Proficiency within HRIS system.
• Assists with special projects for the HR Department.
• Coordinates with Graduate Assistants on HR related projects as deemed appropriate.
• Acts as back-up to the HR Coordinator
• Assists with receptionist duties for the Human Resource Department.
• Maintains an organized front office and lobby area.
• Performs general office administration duties to include: word processing, maintaining records and files, and mailing.
• Answers telephone, receives and distributes mail, sorts and files documents, responds to general inquiries, helps resolve customer questions.
• Performs other duties as requested.Qualifications Education
A Combination equivalent to two years college-level coursework, preferably in business, office management, or related field, and two years administrative office experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of state and federal employment laws.
• Commitment to customer service.
• Ability to understand, interpret and apply employment laws, regulations, and policies.
• Computer proficiency necessary.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Attention to detail, advanced record keeping skills; ability to compile, track and present statistics accurately.
• Willingness and ability to adapt to changing technologies and systems.
• Willingness and ability to comply with Institute policies, procedures, and mandates.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, stressful environment effectively and within deadlines.
Prior Human Resources experience and PHR certification highly desirablePhysical Demands
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey maintains a smoke-free workplace and complies with the Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act and Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Position requires light to moderate physical effort; periodic handling of lightweight parcels or supplies; ability to work at computer keyboard for extended periods of time.Posting Information Close DateOpen Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants Recommendations
Some postings require contact information for reference providers for confidential letters of recommendation.Recommendation Letter RequirementsSupplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V