School of Information Sciences: Adjunct Faculty Open Rank (116775)
School of Information Sciences
Adjunct Faculty, Open Rank Positions
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
The School of Information Sciences is accepting applications for a pool of adjunct faculty who may be called on to teach graduate and undergraduate courses in a range of areas supporting the MS in Information Management, the MS in Library and Information Science, and the upcoming BS in Information Science (launching fall 2020). Courses may be scheduled either on campus or online (mostly synchronous) via Moodle and Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. Adjunct faculty are sought for upcoming semesters starting Spring of 2020.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO
Required Education and Experience:
- MS or PhD in information technology, library and information science, computer science, or a related area
- Expertise in needed curricular areas. These areas may change depending on enrollments. Current areas include:
- Information Modeling
- Data, Statistical Models, and Information
- Sociotechnical Information Systems
- Metadata in Theory and Practice
- Administration and Management of Information Organizations (libraries, information centers, etc.)
- Rare Books, Archives, and Specialized Libraries
- Prior relevant teaching or training experience
- Relevant service in professional organizations
To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your letter of application (including an indication of your expertise in needed curricular areas), resume, and three professional references by September 1, 2019. Interviews and hires may take place prior to the closing date.
Candidates may be offered an affiliate, non-service appointment initially; when teaching need is determined, salary and service will be commensurate with course load.
More about the School of Information Sciences can be found at https://ischool.illinois.edu. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Candy Edwards ([email protected], 217 244-3809).
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit:School of Information Sciences Category:1-Faculty Title:School of Information Sciences: Adjunct Faculty Open Rank (116775) Open Date:06/07/2019 Close Date:09/01/2019 Organization Name:Information Sciences