Postdoctoral Research Associate in Research Administration - Veterinary Medicine Administration...
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Postdoctoral Research Associate
College of Veterinary Medicine Administration
The College of Veterinary Medicine seeks applicants for the position of Postdoctoral Research Associate to work in college-level administration. This position is a mentored postdoctoral opportunity for a person who aspires to a career in research administration. The Postdoctoral Research Associate will provide key support and innovations that strengthen the college’s research infrastructure and programs.
The University of Illinois (Illinois) is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist with Current Research Office Activities
- Management of the internal grants program, Veterinary Medicine Scholars Program, Summer Research Training Program, Shared Equipment and Laboratories Program, NIFA reporting, IACUC facility inspection reports, faculty and graduate student research awards, and Phi Zeta veterinary honor society organization and membership
Create the Foundation and Framework to Strengthen College Research Infrastructure and Programs
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the Research Advisory Committee, use of the college’s shared laboratory spaces, negotiation of collaborative research agreements between college faculty and other researchers, and the Summer Research Training Program for Veterinary Students
- Improve the Shared Equipment and Laboratories Program by revising the program agreement, assisting with supervision of the program’s technical support people, and working with facilities staff to monitor shared laboratories access and use
- Strengthen the college’s grants infrastructure by creating a database of grants opportunities, boilerplate descriptions of facilities and research-related resources for grant proposals, and development of faculty biosketches for the major federal funding agencies
- Formalize the clinical trials infrastructure of the college and configure a system of technical support for clinically focused research projects
- In collaboration with the college’s communications team, develop promotional materials for the college’s research activities; ensure faculty webpages and online profiles advance the college’s internet presence
- Create a database of awards for which college faculty members are eligible and prepare award nomination templates
- Develop a system to improve collection of faculty activity metrics for external reporting purposes
- Participate in scholarly activity related to research administration
Minimum Qualifications: A PhD in the biological, biomedical, or chemical sciences is required. The successful candidate will have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to initiate and drive multiple projects to completion simultaneously. Demonstrated creativity and innovation in problem solving are also required. The successful candidate will have maturity and sound judgment, as well as the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information. No research administrative experience is required.
Environmental Demands: Physical requirements are those normally associated with general office work. However, the college's emphasis on biomedical research may bring the incumbent into contact with animals and allergens associated with animals.
To Apply: For full consideration, please submit your application materials, resume/CV and cover letter by August 15, 2019 to https://go.illinois.edu/PostdocResearchAdmin. Start date is soon after closing of the search. This is a 12-month position. Salary will be commensurate with experience. For more information on the position, you may contact Dr. Jodi Flaws, professor and search chair at [email protected] Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job applicants upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit:College of Veterinary Medicine Category:6-Research Title:Postdoctoral Research Associate in Research Administration - Veterinary Medicine Administration (114558) Open Date:06/05/2019 Organization Name:Vet Medicine Administration