Service Desk Analyst - Auxiliary Shared Technology Services (115579)
Service Desk Analyst
Auxiliary Shared Technology Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are now being accepted for the Service Desk Analyst position for Auxiliary Shared Technology Services at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Auxiliary Shared Technology Services serves as the IT department for a variety of Auxiliary units on the campus to provide better efficiency, broader support, and operational resiliency, as well as create richer employment environment for the Auxiliary IT staff. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds who can help create and foster communities that strive toward our vision. This includes supporting the academic mission of the University by developing environments conducive to student learning and academic success, respecting, appreciating, advocating for the diversity of our student population, and supporting the holistic development of all of our students.
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION/SUMMARY:
The Service Desk Analyst position serves as a first point of contact to intake support requests for the McKinley Health Center and other Student Affairs units. The position supports technical training and documentation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Desktop Support – 50%
- Serve as first point of contact for medical providers and clinical staff with technology requests and service issues; refer more complex issue to peers as appropriate
- Gather information and track issues using a ticket system to report customer feedback, identify problems and trends, and suggest resolutions
- Create and maintain end user documentation
- Create and maintain technical documentation for technology staff
- Work within defined policies and procedures to solve user or system problems, including those that require solutions with originality and/or ingenuity
Three years of progressive work experience in an IT-related profession, including:
- 3 years’ experience providing customer service to individuals in-person, over the phone, and through email or chat tools
- 3 years’ experience with a trouble ticket system or other automated work tracking software
- 3 years’ experience supporting Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office applications, and Adobe applications
- 1 years’ experience providing employee technical training
- Experience working in a fast paced environment responding to multiple requests and deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in information technology or computer science
- 1 years’ experience supporting audio visual equipment
- 1 years’ experience in the use of Microsoft Active Directory, specifically group and user management
- Experience troubleshooting Windows-based computers in an enterprise environment
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Experience in a healthcare environment with direct responsibility related to the maintenance and upkeep of Electronic Health Record Systems, Laboratory Information Systems, Picture Archiving and Communications Systems, Pharmacy Systems and/or other related healthcare information technology
- Experience supporting mobile technology platforms (Examples: tablets, iPads, smartphones)
- CompTIA A+ Certification, Help Desk Institute Support Center Analyst Certification, or similar
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative and diverse team environment
- Demonstrated ability to provide service in a friendly, positive, and professional manner
- Ability to work independently within specified time constraints while demonstrating sound decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to a variety of audiences (management, peers, users and vendors)
- The majority of work will be within an office work environment, however visits to other campus locations can be expected
- Work can involve frequent lifting and moving equipment, media, and peripherals approximating 35-40 pounds. The individual must be able to access all areas of the building
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION:
This is a full-time Civil Service Information Technology Support Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after July 14, 2019. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by July 14, 2019. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Illini Union Human Resources and Administrative Shared Services at [email protected] or at 217-333-3660. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.College Name or Administrative Unit:Student Affairs Category:8-Technical Title:Service Desk Analyst - Auxiliary Shared Technology Services (115579) Open Date:06/06/2019 Close Date:07/14/2019 Organization Name:Auxiliary Shared Tech Services