Classroom & Event Technology Specialist II
Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
Classroom & Event Technology Specialist II
Posting Number: S01289
Regular, Temporary or Term: Regular
Benefits Eligible?: Yes
Hiring Minimum: $21.75/hour
Band/Level: Specialist 2
Department: Information Technology Services
Location: Monterey, CA campus
Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening: Criminal Background check
The Classroom &amp; Event Technology Specialist II provides timely, accurate and customer-centric support on topics ranging from routine to complex/advanced, and works across the entire institution. In addition, this position maintains equipment and software and oversees student workers.
The Classroom &amp; Event Technology Specialist II works in a wide range of settings including: walk-in and call center, classrooms, event spaces and offices. This position serves as part of a collaborative work team that provides a welcoming, courteous, and easy to navigate suite of technology services and resources. As part of that team, she/he contributes her/his individual skills and expertise as needed in order to help the team achieve its objectives. Every member of User Services must communicate professionally, clearly, and in a manner appropriate to their internal and external customers. This is a full-time staff position.
• Promptly and reliably completes requests for technical support from customers, ensuring compliance with SLAs and resolving the majority on first contact. Requests and assignments range from routine to moderately complex. Customers can be students, faculty, staff or guests.
• Researches issues that are not resolved on first contact using internal and external documentation. Leverages all resources including consultation with others at the institution, manufacturers, and vendors, driving all but the most complex issues to completion. Fully documents unresolved issues and escalates them properly.
• Contributes to the design, planning and execution of projects with complex, less clearly-defined technical requirements. Projects are typically related to teaching and collaboration.
• Completes replacements of college-owned equipment and software on schedule.
• Maintains digital content used by the Institution and maintains the systems where that content is stored, thereby meeting the needs of support staff and customers.
• Ensures the hardware and software inventory is accurate.
• Maintains fluency with standard hardware, software and network configurations in use at the College. Evaluates and tests new technologies ensuring suitability and compatibility, before a campus-wide release.
• Orients customers in the use of new and/or replaced devices, operating systems and applications.
• Oversees all aspects of budgeting, hiring, training, and leading a large group of student workers.
• Maintains effective communication with other work areas, ensuring optimal productivity and service to partners, customers and the institution.
• Evening and weekend work required.
• With supervisor
• With User Services staff and other teams within ITS
• With peers in other departments throughout the Middlebury enterprise
• With faculty, students, staff and other key customers and partner stakeholders relevant to one's area of responsibility
• With consortium partners
Support of information technology services that are reliable, secure and able to provide end-users with the critical information and applications needed to support teaching, learning, research, and the operations of the Middlebury enterprise.
• A consistently high level of user satisfaction with the services provided by ITS.
• A knowledgeable and responsive resource for resolution of technology issues.
• A proactive approach to learning and implementing new technology tools and systems
• Goals that are set and achieved.
• Projects that are executed successfully, delivering expected results.
Supports the team in actively analyzing complex data for systems and services. Identifies areas of improvement and evaluates new solutions.
Contributes to the creation and upkeep of external and internal documentation, ensuring it is accurate and comprehensive.
Other duties are performed as assigned to assist the department in obtaining and maintaining its mission.
Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent with broad liberal arts knowledge. One out of the following certifications:
• OLC Online Teaching Certificate
• CTS-D (Certified Technology Specialist - Infocomm International)
• MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop
• Support Technician) Certification
• ACHDS (Apple Certified Help Desk Specialist) Certification
• CompTIA A+ Certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Familiarity with supporting all media technology aspects of live events.
• Broad knowledge of computer and media hardware, mobile device hardware, operating systems and applications, including multimedia applications.
• Working knowledge of the TCP/IP, Internet and electronic communications software required.
• Working knowledge of AMX, Extron and Crestron control systems preferred.
• Proven ability to produce innovative and creative digital media content, with special expertise in digital video production and editing.
• Must be able to uncrate and assemble a variety of equipment.
• Position may involve unusual hours and overtime due to classroom schedule and timing of events.
• Ability to work successfully in a team-oriented environment, responding to rapidly changing demands.
• Must handle pressure gracefully.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A least 6 years media/classroom equipment technology and/or audio visual equipment technology.
• At least 6 years of event production experience desirable.
• At least 6 years of industry experience.
• Demonstrated success in contributing to the planning, design and completion of high-level, team-based technology projects.
• Extensive customer service experience.
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey maintains a smoke-free workplace.
• Must be able to lift and carry heavy, in excess of 60 lbs, equipment up or down several flights of stairs occasionally.
• Must be able to push and pull up to 75 lbs frequently.
• Requires frequent bending, crouching and reaching.
• Must be able to climb ladders for the purpose of installing and maintaining video projectors and satellite equipment.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete an online application and submit all required documents.
Recommendation Letter Requirements
Please indicate contact information for a maximum of 2 and a minimum of 1 reference.
Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. Cover Letter
2. Resume/C V
2. Reference Letter 1
3. Reference Letter 2
To apply, visit: https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/19393
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency