Senior Applications Developer II
Senior Applications Developer II
Job no: 492792
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Elgin, IL
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Categories: Information Technology
Role: Senior Applications Developer II
About ECC:Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person—students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors—feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college’s mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Work Schedule:Monday thru Friday, 8am-5pm, flexible
Rate of Pay:Based on Qualifications
Develop, test and implement software solutions on a variety of technical platforms provided at the College; troubleshoot and resolve application software and data problems.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Research software/service options, create detailed system designs, develop (code), test, document, and implement software solutions to satisfy the needs of end-users.
- Work with software/service providers, network, desktop or other application technical staff to troubleshoot and resolve problems; make necessary changes to software applications or database data to resolve or clean up any issues.
- Work with end-users to clarify requirements/issues; enhance functionality of existing software and/or develop new applications.
- Coordinate with end-users the preparation of test data and organization of testing schedules to assure quality, accuracy and cost-effective performance.
- Provide basic user documentation and/or initial user training on new applications.
- Provide technical assistance or mentor any new, existing or consulting technical staff.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Light (up to 25 lbs occasionally or 10 lbs frequently)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
Elgin Community College Support Staff of Elgin Community College Association (SSECCA) members that apply by 06/19/2019 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions, employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the College’s EEO/AA Officer. Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Advertised: August 13, 2019 Central Daylight Time