Compliance Specialist, AFT
Welcome to Rowan University’s Career Site
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
Rowan University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. For the complete Rowan University non-discrimination and affirmative action policy see: https://sites.rowan.edu/equity/_docs/policies/eeo-statement.pdf.
Compliance Specialist, AFT
Job no: 493805
Work type: Regular full time
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
- Reviews all policies and procedures currently followed in the Compliance office to ensure that all guidelines are followed and meet federal regulations.
- Develops and implements new methods and procedures necessary to ensure complete compliance and to facilitate IRB approval.
- Assists in developing guidelines and procedures for internal audits of departmental research.
- Works with IRB chair and IRB members to prepare and coordinate IRB meetings and IRB communications.
- Oversees meeting agenda preparation, protocol review process, and meeting follow-ups.
- Prepares meeting minutes.
- Manages compliance office budget working closely with Chief Research Compliance Officer.
- Oversees and develops inter-institutional agreements for review of human research protocols to be conducted at affiliate institutions.
- Provides hands-on training on IRB application to students and faculty
- Assists IT department in maintaining and making changes to IRB database; CITI training programs and implements changes as needed.
- Ensure HIPAA research compliance is met for all IRB applicants.
- Serves as liaison between Grant Administration, clinical trials office and research compliance.
- Assists and makes arrangements for conducting IRB audits.
- Assists Chief Compliance Officer in reviewing adverse event reports.
- Participates in federal and state audits.
- Working knowledge about IACUC, IBC and Export Control operations
- Experience in preparing and conducting workshops.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
Knowledge of IRB regulations, protocols and consent forms. Knowledge of Animal welfare and Biosafety. Knowledge of medical and clinical terminology. Knowledge of research methodology and design. Verbal and written communication skill. Interpersonal/human relations skills. Analytical and organizational skills Supervisory skills. Ability to operate personal computer. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree with two years of direct professional experience in IRB review and/or working with IRB processes and software. Note: A Master's Degree may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience.
Advertised: Jun 11 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 25 2019 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time