Clerk, Department of Public Safety
Welcome to Rowan University’s Career Site
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
Rowan University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. For the complete Rowan University non-discrimination and affirmative action policy see: https://sites.rowan.edu/equity/_docs/policies/eeo-statement.pdf.
Clerk, Department of Public Safety
Job no: 493790
Work type: Regular full time
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Categories: Administrative - Clerical
- Under immediate supervision of the Senior Director of Public Safety, performs routine, repetitive clerical work of a varied nature as a beginner at the entrance level of employment which includes a relatively small proportion of difficult tasks; does other related duties as required.
Examples of Work:
- Reviews and checks assigned reports, applications, and other documents for completeness; refers problems to
supervisor for resolution.
- Opens, time stamps, sorts, numbers, and distributes mail.
- Addresses, stamps, and mails envelopes and other mail.
- Sorts, indexes, and files various materials numerically, alphabetically, or according to other predetermined classification; maintains such files.
- Operates various office machines and equipment.
- Assembles materials for distribution.
- Fills in and checks various documents as directed.
- Looks up and gathers needed information.
- Provides general routine information in person and over the telephone; refers complicated or non-complicated inquires to appropriate staff.
- Answers the telephone and takes messages accurately.
- Assists in requisitioning, storing, and distributing office supplies.
- Assists in locating and compiling data needed for reports.
- Maintains records and files.
- Knowledge of office routines, equipment, and practices.
- Ability to comprehend established office routines and departmental regulations.
- Ability to organize assigned clerical work and develop effective work methods.
- Ability to understand, remember, and carry out oral and written directions.
- Ability to learn quickly from oral and written instructions and from demonstrations.
- Ability to work effectively with associates, superior officials, and members of the public concerned with the work of the department.
- Ability to sort, index, file, and pull varied types of materials using an established filing system.
- Ability to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- A4 ($25,714-$28,948)
- Only completed, online applications submitted on or before the deadline will be considered.
Please note that this position is subject to the NJ First Act, requiring public employees to establish residency in the State of New Jersey. See N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70) for further information.
Advertised: Jun 6 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 20 2019 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time