Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Director
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number2014752SPosition TitleCustomer Relationship Management (CRM) DirectorLocationDistrict OfficeDepartmentITS DIST (DEPT)Position Number1C0487Percentage of Full Time100%FLSAExempt (does not accrue overtime)Months per Year12If other, please specifyMin Salary$152,184 (annual)Max Salary$192,792 (annual)Position TypeAdministrative/Supervisory Positions Posting Text Who We Are
The San Mateo County Community District is committed to achieving educational equity for all students. As outlined in the District’s Strategic Plan, “success, equity, and social justice for our students are longstanding goals.” The District’s “Students First” Strategic Plan is focused on “Student Success, Equity and Social Justice.” We provide students with a rich and dynamic learning experience that embraces differences — emphasizing collaboration and engaging students in and out of the classroom, encouraging them to realize their goals, and to become global citizens and socially responsible leaders. When you join our team at San Mateo County Community College District, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, classified staff, administration, students and community partners.The College and the District
The San Mateo County Community College District is home to Cañada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College. All three of our colleges are designated as Hispanic Serving Institutions enrolling approximately 33,000 students each academic year. San Mateo County Community College District has a diverse student population that is a reflection of the communities that is serves. Detailed information about the student population, including data related to student success, can be found on the San Mateo County Community College District’s Educational Services & Planning website.Who We Want
We value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities and orientations. Therefore, we prioritize applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits diversity brings to a professional educational community. The successful candidate will be an equity-minded individual committed to collaborating with faculty, classified staff, administration, students and community partners who are also committed to closing equity gaps. The San Mateo County Community District seeks employees who value mentorship and working in a collegial, collaborative environment, guided by a commitment to helping all students achieve their educational goals.The Position
The CRM Director will lead the activities of the technical team supporting the Salesforce CRM and related systems. The Director’s goal is to deliver a set of solutions that provide an environment conducive to operational efficiency, expanded use of data, and greater ease of use for students and employees. This leadership role is responsible for consulting and guiding college and District stakeholders to maximize the business value of connected applications and data on the Salesforce platform.Duties and Responsibilities
The duties below are representative of the duties of the classification and are not intended to cover all of the duties performed by the incumbent(s) of any particular position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the scope of work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this classification.
1. Manage the key milestones and deliverables associated with strategic projects within the scope of responsibility
2. Collaborate with senior management to translate short and long term business needs into scalable solutions
3. Build and continuously refine the Salesforce platform roadmap in close collaboration with stakeholders and the internal CRM development team
4. Lead a team of talented staff to support the internal departments who use the CRM platform
5. Identify new Salesforce platform features and capabilities that support the roadmap and work with the various stakeholders to identify if and when they should be introduced
6. Lead the effort to identify and promote best practices on the Salesforce platform
7. Lead meetings of the CRM Platform Steering Committee
8. Lead business prioritization and issue review sessions to help college teams groom and rank their requests
9. Communicate details of fixes, enhancements, and new capabilities on the platform to relevant internal business audiences
10. Create and maintain operational and functional metrics for Salesforce platform
11. Define and monitor KPIs to measure the health and adoption of the Salesforce platform
12. Identify and coordinate Salesforce training for internal employees
13. Stay current on technological advances relevant to supporting efficient business processes
14. Stay current with California Title 5 Regulations
15. Perform other related duties as requiredMinimum Qualifications
• A combination of education and experience equivalent to a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution in computer science, information systems, or a closely related field
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
• At least ten (10) years overall experience in technology with at least 5 years in leading midsize teams in complex fast moving CRM environment (Salesforce experience preferred)
• Experience facilitating meetings and presenting to business and technical audiences at all levels
• Demonstrated cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staffKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Strong knowledge of the Salesforce platform and AppExchange ecosystem
2. Demonstrated expertise in various software development life cycle methodologies
3. At least 5 years of experience implementing Salesforce.com and Service Cloud applications
4. Experience working in higher education or similar environment. Public or Private institutions
5. Functional knowledge of higher education application areas such as recruiting, admission, retention, alumni operations, etc.Physical Requirements
This classification requires sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, touch screen and mouse in order to perform the essential functions.Preferred Qualifications
Advanced Salesforce.com Admin Certification, Sales and/or Service Cloud Consultant Certification preferred.Benefits
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. The District pays all or a portion of monthly medical plan premiums (depending on the coverage) and pays all of the monthly dental and vision plan premiums for employees and eligible dependents. Additional paid benefits include life insurance, salary continuance insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program. Classified employees participate in the Public Employees’ Retirement System, a defined-benefit retirement plan through the State of California. Optional tax-deferred 403(b) and 457 retirement plans are also available.Posting Detail Information Open Date04/12/2019First Review Date06/26/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions Summary
Required Application Materials
All applicants are required to submit:
1. A completed online District application form (go to https://jobs.smccd.edu to complete the application and to apply for this position).
2. A resume that details all relevant education, training, and other work experience.
3. A cover letter of no more than 3 pages that addresses the applicant’s cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff as well as the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements, knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in this announcement.
Candidates for interview will be selected from among those who most closely meet the requirements and knowledge, skills and abilities. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview. As part of the interview process, candidates may be asked to demonstrate job-related knowledge and skills.
For questions related to this posting, please contact:
SMCCCD Office of Human Resources
3401 CSM Drive, San Mateo, CA 94402
Tel.: (650) 574-6555
Web Page: www.smccd.edu/hr
Prior to employment, the selected candidate will be required to complete the following:
1. Submit official transcripts (applies to all faculty or educational administrative positions)
2. Submit verifications of prior employment
3. Satisfactory references
4. Successfully being cleared for employment through the background checking process
5. Present original documents for proof of eligibility to work in the United States
6. Approval of your employment by the SMCCCD Board of Trustees
7. Provide a certificate of Tuberculosis exam for initial employment.
8. Have fingerprints taken by a Live Scan computer (Clearance must be received prior to first day of employment). Please note that the California Education Code requires, in part, that community college districts shall not employ or retain in employment persons in public school service who have been convicted of certain felonies, a misdemeanor drug charge (including alcohol offenses) or misdemeanor moral turpitude (sexual offense) crime. However, consideration may be given to those whose drug convictions occurred more than five years ago. A conviction for other crimes may not necessarily disqualify you from the job for which you may be applying.
The San Mateo County Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks to employ individuals who represent the rich diversity of cultures, language groups, and abilities of its surrounding communities.Accomodations
Applicants who have disabilities may request that special accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process. Accommodation request forms and a copy of the Americans with Disabilities Act applicant procedures are available in the Office of Human Resources.Annual Security Report
San Mateo County Community College District’s (SMCCCD) 2018 Annual Security Report (ASR), required by the Clery Act, includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by SMCCCD; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from SMCCCD. Our 2018 Annual Security Report also outlines various campus safety and security policies, such as those concerning crime reporting, prevention and response to sexual and gender violence, alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, emergency response and evacuation procedures, and other matters. The 2018 Annual Security Report is now available. The Annual Security Report also includes important tips to help every member of the community remain safe and avoid becoming a victim of crime. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Department of Public Safety at the District Office or any of the three Campuses (650) 738-7000.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- District Employee
- District Employment Site
- CCC Registry
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Facebook or Twitter
- * Do you possess a combination of education and experience equivalent to a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution in computer science, information systems, or a closely related field ?
- * Can you demonstrate outstanding written and verbal communication skills?
- * Can you demonstrate strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups?
- * Can you demonstrate at least 10 years of overall experience in technology with at least 5 years in leading midsize teams in complex fast moving CRM environment?
- * Do you have experience with facilitating meetings and presenting to business and technical audiences at all levels?
- * Can you demonstrate cultural competence, a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3