Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota, is seeking to hire a full-time Security Supervisor to oversee a team of contracted security personnel to ensure the protection of property, assets and people. The ideal candidate will have previous experience monitoring ongoing security issues, has supervised scene activities, directed scene activities and is comfortable coordinating communication with internal/ external agencies as necessary.Responsibilities
- Performs work to assure the safety and protection of the college, its assets, personnel, students and visitors. Supervises contract security officers on shift to create an environment that is safe and secure, without impinging upon the culture and open feeling of the campus. Available for after hours calls and response to security issues and campus emergencies.
- Supervises assigned student workers to ensure the effectiveness of the Student Dispatch and Safe Walk programs. Oversees scheduling, training, and coaching of the student staff.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, and other documents; attends meetings and conferences as assigned; may participate on task forces and committees.
- Acts as lead during incident responses occurring while on shift and in the absence of the Associate Director.
- Reviews security logs, incident reports, and events generated during shift. Recommends and implements methods of reducing violations as well as property loss/damage.
- Counsels and advises students and college personnel regarding violations and consequences.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of a year of relevant professional experience, previous experience in a higher education institution in a similar role preferred.
- Demonstrated knowlege of exercising supervisory descretion, previous security management oversight preferred.
- Demonstrated experience anticipating/solving problems based on prior experience, information and/or changes to laws/regulations. Experience problem solving and solution implementation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally, tactfully and effectively to a wide variety of individuals
- Must be comfortable and adaptable to changing situations.
For best consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume as one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage by June 23, 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately. All inquiries about this position should be directed to:
Talent Acquisition Manager
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphases on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.
Macalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.