Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota, is seeking to hire a full-time Security officer to support in patrolling the building interiors/exteriors and parking facilities. The ideal candidate would be confident monitoring ongoing campus security issues and be comfortable providing guidance on scene activities and coordinating communication with internal and/or external agencies as needed.
This position requires daytime availability and includes weekend support.Responsibilities
- Protects life, safeguards property and maintains peace and order on the college campus through enforcement of local, state, and federal laws as well as college rules and regulations.
- Pro-actively patrols a residential community and prevents crime.
- Responds to emergencies and works closely with local police and emergency services personnel.
- Conducts preliminary investigations involving criminal or suspicious activities
- Prepares, writes and files reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years of industry experience preferred.
- Must be comfortable and adaptable to changing situations.
- Must be comfortable with decision making ability, assignments require a high level of judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and work under pressure.
For best consideration, please submit your resume through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage by June 23, 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately. All inquiries about this position should be directed to:
Talent Acquisition Manager
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphases on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.
Macalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.