Assistant Professor #495316
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number20111652Position TitleAssistant Professor #495316Template TitlePosition TypeFacultyPosition NumberDepartmentCollege of Business Dept Position Summary Information Job Summary/Basic Function
Lamar University, a public university, member of the Texas State University System, is seeking outstanding faculty for two tenure-track positions at the Assistant/ Associate Professor level in the Reese Construction Management Program, beginning in Spring 2019 or Fall 2019. A Spring 2019 appointment is preferred if the timing is appropriate both to the candidate and to Lamar University. Duties include:
* Provide academic and laboratory instructions;
* Participate in scholarly and academic activities; and
* Contribute to the University’s and Program’s service mission.
The successful candidate must have an earned doctorate in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a closely related field. ABD candidates must provide documented evidence of dissertation defense and completion of study before hiring. Candidates with Ph.D. conferred at the time of initial appointment will hold the rank of Assistant Professor upon initial appointment. Candidates must have proven teaching capabilities, commitment to research, excellent communication skills, ability to work effectively in teams, undergraduate education and interdisciplinary collaboration.EEO Statement
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Preferred Qualifications
Preference will be given to applicants with any the following qualifications:
* Evidence of successful teaching at the levels of undergraduate and graduate in both traditional and online class environment;
* Demonstrated potential or ability to develop an active research program and secure external funding;
* Three or more years of professional experience in the construction industry;
* Capability to teach in at least three of the following areas: Surveying, Industrial Construction, Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing Systems, Construction Graphics/BIM, Cost Estimating/Control, Construction Material/Methods, Safety, Structural Behavior; Legal Issues in Construction.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.SalaryCommensurateWork Hours Application Information Posting Date10/16/2018Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions
Review of application will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit: letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, statement of research interests and plan, and three letters of reference to Dr. Seokyon Hwang, interim Director and Associate Professor, Reese Construction Management Program, c/o Human Resources, PO Box 11127, Beaumont, TX 77710.
For additional information about the Reese Construction Management Department at LU, please visit our website: http://lamar.edu/construction.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * Please indicate the highest level of education that you have completed.
- * In what field did you earn your Doctorate degree?
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * How many years of experience do you have teaching at the higher education level? Also briefly list if you have graduate and/or online teaching experience & years of experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research Interest
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- Unofficial Transcript 1