Assistant/Associate Professor, Special Education #499810
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number 20111513 Position Title Assistant/Associate Professor, Special Education #499810 Template Title Position Type Faculty Position Number 499810 Department College of Education & Human Devel Dept Position Summary Information Job Summary/Basic Function
Lamar University invites application for a tenure-track, faculty position in our graduate special education/educational diagnostician programs.
The successful candidate will maintain an active research and publication agenda; provide guidance and leadership in the graduate programs in special education and specialization program for educational diagnosticians; work collaboratively with the specialeducation coordinator and department chair; teach graduate courses; supervise practicum students; advise, mentor, and provide research supervision to graduate students; fulfill service responsibilities to the department, college, university and profession; work in collaboration with other colleagues in the College of Education and Human Development as well as with our community partners; aid with recruitment activities; and develop new partnerships.
Home to more than 14,000 students, Lamar University is one of the fastest growing universities in Texas and is a member of The Texas State University System. LU offers more than 100 programs of study leading to bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. The 270-acre campus in Beaumont is about 90 miles east of Houston and about 25 miles west of Louisiana. LU stresses academic achievement by emphasizing hands-on learning at all levels, providing ample opportunities for undergraduate research and supporting an excellent Honors Program.
The university is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The campus is conveniently located within easy reach of Houston, TX, Lake Charles, LA, and surround ing communities.
-An earned doctorate in special education or a closely related field; ABDs will be considered;
-Valid certification as an Educational Diagnostician or licensed as a Specialist in School Psychology;
-Established research record or evidence of a viable research agenda;
-Commitment to the professional evidenced by education, teaching, school experience, research, and professional affiliations with organizations pertaining to individuals with disabilities;
-Experience teaching graduate level courses;
-Experience supervising graduate students in field placements;
-Commitment to diversity
-Certification in special education
-Experience in teaching in special education setting, grades K-12.
Please visit our website at http://www.lamar.edu for more information.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Preferred Qualifications
-Experience in online education and course development is preferred.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary Commensurate Work Hours Application Information Posting Date 03/07/2018 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions
Interested candidates should apply online at https://jobs.lamar.edu and include a curriculum vitae; statement of teaching and research interests; and names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three references.
Review of applications will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * In what area(s) did you receive your degree(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research Interest
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Letter of Interest