Instructor/Recruiter/Coordinator of Online Studies #494636
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number 20111337 Position Title Instructor/Recruiter/Coordinator of Online Studies #494636 Template Title Position Type Faculty Position Number 494636 Department Sociology Soc Work Crim Just Position Summary Information Job Summary/Basic Function
The Division of Criminal Justice at Lamar University is seeking an instructor/recruiter/coordinator of on-line studies. Applicants should have academic experience with instruction of criminal justice, criminology and/or recruiting/retaining students. The desirable applicant should have (a) Ph.D. or other recognized doctoral degree in criminal justice, criminology or closely related field, or be considered ABD with the understanding that a doctoral degree must be conferred prior to employment starting date; Individuals with J.D.s or Masters of criminal justice, criminology or closely related field will be considered.
Lamar University (LU), a member of the Texas State University System, has experienced tremendous growth over the past decade, with enrollment steadily increasing to more than 15,000. LU has been recognized nationally for its general education core curriculum, leadership in online education, selection as a member of the Honor Roll of the Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.”
Competitive salary and benefit plan.
An additional tenure track position is dependent upon available funding.
The successful applicant will work closely with the director of Criminal Justice and staff in Distance Education to coordinate activities with the online criminal justice program. Applicant will serve as a liaison between distance education students in the Criminal Justice Program and the Criminal Justice Faculty. Travel will be required to assist in Criminal Justice agency recruitment. The applicant will be eligible to teach one class online and one class on campus each semester.
Coordinate course offerings for the online Criminal Justice programs
Recruit potential students through agency visitation
Coordinate delivery of distance education materials
Assist distance education advisor with student advisement
Instructor of record for online and o campus classes (1 per semester)
Manage student issues and refer to director as appropriate
Assist in the coordination of student orientation for the division of Criminal Justice
Process paperwork and documentation relating to the operation of the Criminal Justice undergraduate and graduate programMinimum Qualifications
The desirable applicant should have (a) Ph.D. or other recognized doctoral degree in criminal justice, criminology or closely related field, or be considered ABD with the understanding that a doctoral degree must be conferred prior to employment starting date; Individuals with J.D.s or Masters of criminal justice, criminology or closely related field will be considered.
At least one (1) year of related experience.EEO Statement
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas SB 805, Section 657.003.Preferred Qualifications Security Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary Commesurate Work Hours Application Information Posting Date Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions
Applicants should submit letter of application, CV, names and contact information for professional references and three (3) confidential letters of recommendation and any supporting materials to https://jobs.lamar.edu
If unable to attach recommendation letters electronically or prefer to send confidentially, send to [email protected] in Human Resources Department. Please include the Position number in the e-mail or recommendation letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * What is the highest level of education you have achieved?
- I do NOT have a high school diploma or GED
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- All but Dissertation
- Earned Doctorate
- Professional degree (MD, JD, etc)
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- Curriculum Vitae