Assistant Professor #499797
Position DetailsPosition Information Posting Number 499797 Classification Title Assistant Professor Position Title Assistant Professor #499797 FLSA Salary Commensurate Job Summary/Basic Function
Lamar University invites application for a tenure-track Assistant Professor faculty position in our graduate programs in Educational Leadership.
The successful candidate will maintain an active research and publication agenda; provide guidance and leadership in the graduate programs in Educational Leadership; work collaboratively with program coordinators and department chair; teach graduate courses; interact with practicum students to provide feedback or answer individual questions; advise, mentor, and provide research supervision to graduate students; fulfill service responsibilities to the department, college, university and profession; work in collaboration with other colleagues in the Educational Leadership Department and the College of Education and Human Development.
Home to more than 14,000 students, Lamar University is one of the fastest growing universities in Texas and is a member of The Texas State University System. LU offers more than 100 programs of study leading to bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. The 270-acre campus in Beaumont is about 90 miles east of Houston and about 25 miles west of Louisiana. LU stresses academic achievement by emphasizing hands-on learning at all levels, providing ample opportunities for undergraduate research and supporting an excellent Honors Program.
Lamar University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The campus is conveniently located within close proximity of Houston, TX, Lake Charles, LA, and surrounding communities.
-An earned doctorate in Educational Leadership or related field.
-Established research record or evidence of a viable research agenda.
-Commitment to the profession as evidenced by knowledge and/or experience in P-12 school administration.
-Experience in online education and course development.
-Experience teaching graduate level courses.
-Experience in P-12 school administration.
-A record of publication.
-Relocation may be needed. Required to have a consistent presence on campus.Work Hours Job Conditions EEO Statement
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Security Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Lamar Expectation of Quality
Employee will support the mission of Lamar by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses and solutions to customer requests.Disclaimer
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This description is subject to modification as the needs and requirements of the position change. Lamar University reserves the right to revise, change or eliminate this job description at any time.
Other duties may be assigned to this position on a regular or occasional basis to respond to the needs of the university.
This Job Description is not intended to be a contract of employment or a legal document. Employment with Lamar University is at will, and may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this Job Description shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Lamar University employees.Posting Detail Information Open Date 12/03/2018 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Interested candidates should apply online at https://jobs.lamar.edu and include a curriculum vitae; statement of teaching and research interests; and names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three references.
Review of applications will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * What is the highest level of education that you have achieved?
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- * In what area(s) did you receive your degree(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * How many years of experience do you have teaching at the higher education level? Also briefly list if you have graduate and/or online teaching experience & years of experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research Interest
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Letter of Interest