Assistant Professor #499689
Position DetailsPosition Information Posting Number Classification Title Position Title Assistant Professor #499689 FLSA Salary Commensurate Job Summary/Basic Function
The Dept. of Psychology at Lamar University, in Beaumont, TX seeks an Assistant Professor to teach graduate survey courses in industrial & organizational psychology and psychometrics to graduate and undergraduate students and conduct research for publication.Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience) Preferred Qualifications (Education & Experience) Certification Required Key Competencies Physical Requirements Work Hours Job Conditions EEO Statement
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Security Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Lamar Expectation of Quality
Employee will support the mission of Lamar by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses and solutions to customer requests.Disclaimer
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This description is subject to modification as the needs and requirements of the position change. Lamar University reserves the right to revise, change or eliminate this job description at any time.
Other duties may be assigned to this position on a regular or occasional basis to respond to the needs of the university.
This Job Description is not intended to be a contract of employment or a legal document. Employment with Lamar University is at will, and may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this Job Description shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Lamar University employees.Posting Detail Information Open Date 06/03/2019 Close Date 06/17/2019 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
Send resume to Associate Vice-President of HR, 4400 Martin Luther King Blvd., Beaumont, TX 77710.Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting http://jobs.lamar.edu/postings/7751 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education that you have achieved?
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- * In what field did you earn your Doctorate degree?
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * How many years of experience do you have teaching at the higher education level? Also briefly list if you have graduate and/or online teaching experience & years of experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 1