Food Production Worker
Posting DetailsEmployment Opportunity Job TitleFood Production WorkerDepartmentDining/Food PrepPosition Summary
Gettysburg Colleges is currently seeking a full-time Food Production Worker to work in the College’s award-winning Dining Service. Dining Services serves approximately 3,500 meals per day for daily student dining, faculty and staff dining and catering events. Hours for this position are generally Sunday through Thursday, 10:45 am – 7:45 pm during the academic year including some holidays. Hours vary during non-academic times.Qualifications
A high school diploma or equivalent is required and one to two years of food service production experience in a high volume kitchen is highly desired. This position is responsible for performing food preparation and production tasks efficiently and accurately while following safe food handling policies, procedures, and recipes. Duties of this position include ensuring portion control, temperature, and appearance of food items is per standard. The ability to follow and understand written and oral directions, to work both independently or as part of a team and be certified in safe food handling procedures or the ability to become certified is also required. This position requires standing, walking, and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to lift, stack and maneuver objects that may weigh at least 25 pounds. The successful candidate will demonstrate communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members.Special Instructions Summary
Position will remain open until filled.
Position includes a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, retirement plan and tuition reimbursement to further your educational path are available.Posting Number20100544AEEO Statement
Gettysburg College, an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and admission. The College prohibits discrimination and harassment, and provides equal opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital/familial status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate (GED) as compared to a high school diploma, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, or genetic information in all aspects of employment, educational programs, activities, and admissions. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Gettysburg College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Frederick News Post – Local Newspaper
- Gettysburg College Digest
- Gettysburg College Website
- Gettysburg Times – Local Newspaper
- Hanover Evening Sun – Local Newspaper
- LGBT in Higher Ed Website
- Merchandiser – Local Newspaper
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News – Local Newspaper
- Referral from Gettysburg College staff, faculty, friend or family member
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Women in Higher Ed Website
- Other Website or Listserv (Please note specific website or listserv below)
- Other Source (Please note other specific source below)
- If you noted "Other website or Listserv" or "Other source" above, please let us know specifically where you heard about this employment vacancy.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter