General Maintenance Worker
Position Title:General Maintenance Worker Job Category:Staff Department:Facilities - 9910100 Division:Business & Finance Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.Description:
Perform a variety of basic multi-craft tasks in the general maintenance and repairs of equipment and buildings including installation, repair, and replacement of electrical and plumbing systems. Perform building related basic construction, door hardware systems, painting, fabrication work, and general building related preventive maintenance.
- Perform general maintenance and upkeep of buildings; inspect assigned buildings/related fixtures, mechanical equipment, machines, and other structural components.
- Perform basic installation, repair and replacement of components of electrical and plumbing systems..
- Transport tools, equipment and personnel to and from job site.
- Obtain equipment and supplies required to complete assignments.
- May coordinate contractor services.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School or GED
- Two to three years job related experience
- Valid Georgia Driver's license
- Position requires ability to operate hand/power tools, motor vehicles (may include forklift), and hydraulic/pneumatic equipment
- A basic working knowledge in equipment maintenance and repair and building construction support and maintenance
- Use of specialized computer applications may be required
- Knowledge of door hardware and openers
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Work may require exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that will require extensive safety precautions. This job typically requires handling of average-weight objects up to 75 pounds, or standing for long periods of time. May requires working from ladders, scaffolding, lifts, and bucket trucks to heights necessary to operate, install, repair, and replace building components and systems. Requires accessing and working in confined space as well as wearing a full-face respirator. Position may require local travel. Depending upon specific duties, position may require a Collegeissued uniform or shirt to ensure employees engaged in representing the College to the community are clearly identified as such. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Work Hours:Position will be 2nd shift, Tuesday -Friday 12PM - 9PM, Saturday 9AM - 6 PM Position Status:Full-Time FLSA:Exempt