Admissions Advisor/Visitation Coordinator
Posting DetailsPosting Details Position Title Admissions Advisor/Visitation Coordinator Posting Number 2019023EP Position Information Classification Title Admissions Advisor Working Title Admissions Advisor/Visitation Coordinator Classification Code 1328 RCW Exemption Criteria 13 - Counseling of Students EWU Position Number E99490 CUPA Code P-411110 - Admissions Advisor FLSA Non-Exempt Bargaining Unit PSE % Full Time 100 Salary / Wage Range PS - 103 Salary Information Anticipated Start Date Term of Appointment 12 months/year Location Cheney, WA County Cheney Project Description Project Duration Background Check Yes - Both Responsible HR User Saundra Godin Responsible HR User Email address [email protected] Posting Text Job Summary
We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Admissions Advisor/Visitation Coordinator
The Visitations Coordinator position is responsible for outreach and recruitment for Eastern Washington University. The Visitations Coordinator creates, organizes and executes projects for the Office of Admissions including but not limited to on- campus visits, off-campus visits, special tours, daily tours, and special group visits.
This position maintains primary responsibility for the coordination of all group, special and daily visitations to the University from prospective students and key influencers. Reporting to the Events and Visits Manager and working closely with the Associate Director of Admissions this position requires broad critical thinking skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern’s Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Diversity Statement
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university fund or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. Employment will be contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check.
This position is covered by the Public School Employees’ Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Ability to participate in evening and weekend events and multi-day recruitment trips, which will require a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record;Physical Demands
Position will require extensive sitting and walking; selected candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs. involving recruiting materials.
Optional: Contact Saundra Godin in Human Resources at [email protected] to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which will describe conditions of employment, such as physical demands.Pre-Placement Physical No Hearing Test No Medical Monitoring Post Hire No Protective Equipment
None anticipatedRequired Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Previous work experience in admissions, recruitment or student advising;
- Ability to participate in evening and weekend events and multi-day recruitment trips, which will require a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record;
- Ability to coordinate multiple events at one time;
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures regarding transfer admission and records management;
- Capacity to effectively address diverse constituencies;
- Advanced computer skills to include: Microsoft Office Suite and SCT Banner (or equivalent); proficient user of laptop computer, projector, and cell phone;
- Two years increasingly responsible office experience;
- Position will require extensive sitting and walking; selected candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs. involving recruiting materials.
Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.Preferred Qualifications
- Previous work experience in event planning;
- Previous work experience in student supervision;
- Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, Student Personnel, Public Relations or related field;
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs from planning through implementation to completion;
- Bilingual Ability.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, pay attention to detail and produce desired results;
- Strong organizational skills, complete tasks on time;
- Ability to communicate in a clear, friendly and effective manner both orally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of an integrated team;
Regular 8:00-5:00 pm plus some evening and weekend events and travelPosting Date 06/11/2019 Open Until Further Notice No Closing Date 06/24/2019 Screening to Begin 06/25/2019 Special Instructions to Applicants
It is strongly recommended that you print a copy of these instructions and the position posting before you begin to complete the online application, as the instructions will not be viewable once you begin the application process.
Required documentation includes all of the items listed below.
1. Attach a detailed cover letter in which you explain how you meet each of the required minimum qualifications [and preferred qualifications, if applicable]. It is preferred that you provide that information in a bulleted list or within a table within your cover letter.
2. Attach a chronological resume including work experience, education, and applicable certifications. Please include the names, addresses and phone numbers for 3 professional references in your resume.
3. Complete the online application form and respond to the online questions.
4. Diversity Response – As an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. Please describe how you will apply an approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Provide operational project management which includes the following tasks:
- Develop strategies and approaches for accomplishing programmatic goals and objectives;
- Advise supervisor on issues and concerns of visiting students or of academic departments;
- Analyze data and assessment of on campus programs/projects/visits;
- Develop reports and proposals to enhance program development;
- Represent EWU at conferences and other professional events and participation in professional networks, organizations and activities;
- Supervises and trains front desk student staff and tour guides, help in their professional development
- Coordinate, communicate and plan special visits including visits for key influencers
Participate in a comprehensive student recruitment and admissions program; communicate the educational opportunities available at EWU to prospective students, HS & CC personnel, parents, alumni, and other groups who might benefit. Coordinate recruitment and outreach utilizing best practices in territory management which includes the following tasks:
- Develop methods and strategies for recruiting students to EWU;
- Coordinate recruitment activities with & participation of other departments, faculty, student services, enrollment mgmt, etc.;
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with guidance counselors, community organizations and agencies, and other key influencers;
- Maintain contact with prospective students, school personnel, families, etc; making referrals as necessary given the specific needs of students;
- Advise prospective students, school personnel and families on processes/policies relating to application, admissions, financial aid, and academics;
- Analyze recruiting strategies and activities and preparation of reports as required
Provide processing and administrative support to records management operations within the Office of Admissions which includes the following tasks:
- Advise students and key influencers on admission and financial aid status and processes;
- Verify new student credentials adhering to University admissions policies;
- Verify student admission applications to determine their ability to succeed using research based assessment tools;
- Analysis of structure, process, and technology for continuous improvement;
- Maintain technological skills necessary for file review and admissions processing;
- Interpret Washington Student Achievement Council and NACAC policies in making admissions decisions;
- Utilize national best practices related to holistic admissions review
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Response
- DD214 Form
- Other Document #1
- Other Document #2