Adult Basic Education - Instructor (adjunct)
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number:Temporary_0091130Position Title:Adult Basic Education - Instructor (adjunct)Classification TitlePart Time FacultyMin SalaryMax SalarySalary TypeHourlyFLSAE = ExemptPosition Type:FacultyPosition Summary:
Literacy-Adult Basic Education provides instruction and retention strategies to students in Basic Skills and General Educational Development programs.
– Teaches Basic Skills and GED courses.
– Incorporates technology appropriately in the classroom.
– Uses diverse learning strategies.
– Completes all paperwork timely and accurately.
– Attends College meetings as requested.
– Performs other tasks as assigned that support the mission and initiatives of the College.
ADA requirements for this position include critical thinking skills with the ability to process information and exercise good judgment in the collection, evaluation, and analysis of data, and student assessment, and curriculum development. Other requirements include ease of mobility in supervising students in classroom/lab settings, carrying supplies and other instructional materials, ability to move, climb, or crawl under equipment, use of keyboard, effective use of all forms of communication, and the ability to perform general teaching and office duties.
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution; ability to teach basic mathematics, reading and writing; strong oral and written communication skills; familiarity with MS Office; commitment to instructional technology; ability to work effectively and collegially with others in a team environment; familiarity with and appreciate for the mission of a comprehensive community college. Effectiveness in the following college organizational competencies:
a. Translating college purpose, values and vision into organizational action.
b. Collaborating and facilitating
c. Creating and innovating
d. Anticipating and responding to change
e. Providing vision and leadership
f. Assessment of student learning.
g. Engagement and assessment of successful student retention models.
- Ability to teach basic mathematics, reading and writing
– Strong oral and written communication skills
– Familiarity with MS Office
– Commitment to instructional technology
– Ability to work effectively and collegially with others in a team environment
– Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college
– Effectiveness in the following College organizational competencies:
– Translating College purpose, values, and vision into organizational action
– Collaborating and facilitating
– Creating and innovating
– Anticipating and responding to change
– Providing vision and leadership
– Assessment of student learning
– Engagement and assessment of successful student retention models
8:00am to 12:00pm
1:30pm to 4:30pm
6:00pm to 9:00pm
1.Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
2.Participate in professional development opportunities (selected or assigned) in order to enhance and apply knowledge/skills within the discipline, to effectively utilize required course technology and College applications, and to maintain licensures (as applicable).Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
3.Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
4.Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
5.Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet administrative requirements. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
6.Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
7.Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
8.Support student advising, registration and recruitment efforts, as appropriate or required.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
9.Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
10.Adhere to College policies and procedures.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
11.Follow the appropriate chain of supervision.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
12.Participate in College meetings, events, and committees as appropriate or required.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Website
- Newspaper Advertisement/Publication
- North Carolina Community College System Website
- Inside HigherEd
- Employee Referral
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Juris Doctorate (JD)
- * Do you hold an Adult Education Core Instructional Certificate?
- * How many years of experience do you have teaching adult learners?
- 0 - 3
- 3 - 5
- Transcript 1
- Teaching Philosophy
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- Transcript 2