Director of Admissions & Records, Registrar
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number: Regular_0091061 Position Title: Director of Admissions & Records, Registrar Classification Title Student Services Manager Min Salary $66,014 Max Salary $75,915 Salary Type Annually FLSA E = Exempt Position Type: Position Summary:
Under direction of the Executive Director of Student Success, the Director of Admissions & Records, Registrar is responsible for the administration of all student admissions, to include international students, management and processing of CFNC applications, student records processing and reporting, grading, transcript processing, degree audit and graduation eligibility, as well as assuring adequate storage, maintenance and security of all student academic records. Provides direct support to students, faculty and staff.Staff Required Education/Experience:
Master’s Degree in higher education administration or Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years experience in community college admissions and records work.Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills: Desired Education/Experience/Skills: Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
•Ability to use technology tools for communication, records management, student records, reporting and training.
•Familiarity with SIS software – Ellucian (Colleague), Banner
•Familiarity with International Student Admissions
•Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
•Strong organizational, supervisory and management skills.
Generally Monday-Friday 8-5 pm with occasional weekend and evening workPosting Date: 06/05/2019 Closing Date: Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants: Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
1. Manager of all data elements related to student records, as well as collaborate and support other areas of the college whose staff advise and register curriculum students. Supervise staff responsible for all CU student records, application processing, academic probation processes, verifying scholastic honors, graduation processes, evaluation of transfer credit and transcript processing. Collaborate with CE division in instances where processing records and/or workflows may overlap.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
2. Maintain and monitor the colleges computer information system for curriculum student records. Maintain confidentiality of student information with supervisors, staff and other employees of the college by assuring faculty and staff are informed of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Update Policy and Procedures as necessary.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
3. Responsible for the ongoing evaluation of all student processes to improve efficient and effective service to our students and community. Collaborate with other divisions of the college, including Academic Programs and the colleges Information Systems division, to assure adequate updates and processes are in place for day to day operations, to include reviewing and testing patches required for maintenance and updates to the NCCCS office Ellucian system.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
4. Collaborate with the Information Systems division in planning and developing strategies for the maintenance, operation and upgrade of the colleges academic information infrastructure. Managing the unit budget for all contracted services, other costs, and managing revenues from transcription services.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
5. Ensuring compliance with state, federal and NCCCS record auditing procedures and guidelines, submitting required state and federal reports for funding. Collaborates and coordinate Compliance Review visits related to all CU student records to assure accuracy of data requested.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
6. Functions as the technical expert regarding international admission and outreach and the academic record. Evaluates international students’ transcripts, applications, and bank statements. Provides general advising services to international students when needed.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
7. Serves as an international education program liaison to the business office and third-party billing. Serves as the Designated School Official (DSO-F1) for international students, maintaining the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and all related certification requirements for students and faculty.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Website
- Newspaper Advertisement/Publication
- North Carolina Community College System Website
- Inside HigherEd
- Employee Referral
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Juris Doctorate (JD)
- * How many years of experience do you have working in a community college admissions and records department?
- 0 - 5
- 5 - 10
- * Are you familiar with International Student Admissions?
- Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Transcript 2