This particular research is in the RF Technology Division at NIST.What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Measure photomixers, and amplifiers on III-V material systems with on-wafer measurement techniques.
- Develop models on the linear and nonlinear behavior of photomixers and amplifiers.
- Characterize material and device properties using optical, electrical, and imaging techniques.
- Work as a team to integrate photomixers with frequency comb and on-wafer electronics.
- Provide technical input in formulating research solutions on problems which have been recognized as critical obstacles to progress or development in areas of exceptional interest.
- Studies will result in a series of publications, providing important changes to existing products, processes, techniques, or practices.
- Present technical results.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Innovative. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.What We Require
- PhD (or equivalent) in a STEM related field.
- Experience with electrical measurement techniques such as: linear network analysis, four-probe, load-pull, and large signal network analysis.
- Experience with lasers, optical components, frequency generators, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers.
- Ability to code with, or learn to code with: Matlab, Visual Basic, LabView is required.
- Experience with microwave electronics simulation software (e.g. HFADS) is desirable.
- Ability with mechanical and optical design, and fabrication is desirable.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Cover Letter
- Letter of recommendation (non-confidential)
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Name: Tiffany MasonPosting Contact Email: [email protected]The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.