Dean of Career Education
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TypeNon ClassifiedJob TitleDean of Career EducationClassification TitleDivision ChairpersonCampus LocationASU SearcyJob Description
Arkansas State University-Beebe, a comprehensive two-year community college and part of the Arkansas State University System, is seeking an Academic Dean for Career Education. The College is focused on teaching and learning and emphasizes student success at all levels and is interested in candidates who value those same attributes.
Candidates must possess a Master’s degree and a minimum of four years of supervisory and/or management experience. Candidates with experience working in a technical/training environment are highly preferred. As a collaborative, energetic leader, the successful candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a strong commitment to student success and faculty/staff development; a comfort with change, innovation, and technology; and the use of data for decision making. The Academic Dean is a 12 month position that will report directly to the Chief Academic Officer and have a voice in executive decisions concerning academics at the institution. This position must have the flexibility to travel to all campuses of ASU-Beebe.
The Academic Dean oversees a wide variety of both transfer and career/technical programs that include Agriculture, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Computer Systems Technology, Computer-Aided Drafting and Design, Computer Information Systems, Computerized Machining, Diesel, Automotive, Automotive Collision, HVAC, Industrial Technology, Welding, Power Sports Technology, and Agricultural Equipment Technology. Additionally, Career Education serves numerous secondary students through its Regional Career Centers on both the Searcy and Heber Springs campuses. All candidates must possess the ability and willingness to actively engage with a variety of community partners through advisory committees and numerous other activities.
Job duties and responsibilities:
1. Prepare, revise, and review academic programs to promote student success and learning.
2. Provide program/academic advisement and active engagement with students.
3. Develop strategies to achieve educational goals and objectives that align with the college’s strategic plan.
4. Ensure academic integrity of courses and programs.
5. Promote professional development among faculty and staff.
6. Ensure the delivery of quality education that is responsive to industry and transfer institutions.
7. Promote a collegial environment.
8. Oversee College assessment and accreditation efforts of the division as well as nationally recognized individualized programmatic accreditation requirements.
9. Supervise and evaluate the Director of Career Education, Program Coordinators, Lead Faculty, Director of Regional Career Center, and Career Education faculty and staff.
10. Develop and manage the division budget.
11. Manage state and national grants and interact with a variety of state entities including the Office of Skills Development, Department of Workforce Services and others.
12. Actively engage with local business/industry partners and community at events to include program specific advisory committees and with K/12 partners.
NOTE: If you are a veteran, disabled veteran, or spouse of a deceased veteran and would like Veteran’s Preference, we will need to see proof of status in order to grant that. Please see Veteran’s Preference section of the application for specific proof.
Candidates must possess a Master’s degree and a minimum of four years of supervisory and/or management experience. Candidates with experience working in a technical/training environment are highly preferred. As a collaborative, energetic leader, the successful candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a strong commitment to student success and faculty/staff development; a comfort with change, innovation, and technology; and the use of data for decision making.Preferred QualificationsMinimum Salary or Salary Range$75,000-$79,000 Physical Activities StandregularlyWalkregularlySitregularlyUse hand to finger, handle, or feelregularlyReach with hands and armsregularlyClimb or balanceoccasionallyStoop, kneel, crouch or crawloccasionallyTalk or HearregularlyTaste or smell Physical Exertion Up to 10 poundsregularlyUp to 25 poundsoccasionallyUp to 50 poundsUp to 100 poundsMore than 100 pounds Vision Requirements Does this position have any special vision requirements? Check all that apply.Close vision, Distance vision, Color vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception, Ability to adjust focus Posting Detail Information Background Check Statement
This position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal, sex-offender registry background check. In cases where pre-determined, an additional financial/credit history/ background check may be required as well. Convictions that have been sealed or legally eradicated and misdemeanor convictions for which probation was completed and the case was dismissed, will be excluded. Disclosure does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors such as dates of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, rehabilitation and position applied for will be taken into account.Background Check RequirementsBothASU Beebe EEO Statement
Arkansas State University-Beebe shall provide equal opportunity for employment to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, and shall strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity throughout our campuses for faculty and staff. Our goal is to foster a workplace community where individuals are valued for their diverse backgrounds and differences.Posting NumberNC0732014Open Date06/11/2019Close Date09/30/2019Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants
NOTE: If you are a veteran, disabled veteran, or spouse of a deceased veteran and would like Veteran’s Preference, we will need to see proof of status in order to grant that. Please see Veteran’s Preference section of the application for specific proof.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Proof of Veteran's Preference