Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dickinson College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for this position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.Posting Details Position Information Posting Number S00847 Position Title Structural Carpenter Working Title Structural Carpenter Position Number VF9887 Pay Grade/Category Intermediate Contributor C Position Type Non-exempt Division and Department Information Division Finance and Administration Department Facilities Management Posting Information Job Summary/Basic Function
Responsible for maintaining and repairing building hardware, windows, woodwork and various building structural systems.Duties May Include
- Repairs and Replaces structural woodwork and wood equipment such as counters, cabinets, benches, partitions, doors, shelving ,building framework and trim .
- Repairs and replaces directly applied and suspended ceilings and associated
- Performs minor room and office renovations, hanging pictures, whiteboards and assembling furniture.
- Will build and repair exterior entrances, porches, railings, decks and steps
- Keep detailed lists of materials and time spent on jobs
- Will assist with all other Structural trades duties as needed.
- Must be able to read blueprints and communicate positively to provide good customer service.
- Snow removal assistance (seasonally)
Are considered “essential employees.” and may be required to report to work even when the college is closed or operating under a delayed start. May be called in at any time of day to respond to weather and/or other types of emergencies as needed. It is expected that the employee has reliable transportation adequate to transport them to work even under adverse weather conditions
- High School or GED required with 3-5 years’ related expereince
- Vocational or technical certification/degree (finish carpentry) preferred
Successful candidate will also be required to complete ACT 153 Clearance.
Valid Drivers License: Employees (operators) must have been in possession of a valid operator’s license for not less than three (3) years and the license must have been in good standing without interruption during that time period.
Monday – Friday
7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday every 9 weeks
5:30 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. We encourage applications from all qualified persons.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Employee Referral
- Jobs at Dickinson (http://jobs.dickinson.edu)
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News
- Referral from Dickinson staff, faculty, friend or family member
- Sentinel Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Yahoo Jobs
- The Guide
- Other Website
- Inside Higher Ed
- Another College website
- Academic Careers
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application