Resources and Services Library Technician
Resources and Services Library Technician
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dickinson College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for this position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.Posting Details Position Information Posting NumberS00862Position TitleResources and Services Library TechnicianWorking TitleResources and Services Library TechnicianPosition NumberPay Grade/CategoryIntermediate Contributor BPosition TypeNon-exempt Division and Department Information DivisionLibrary & Information ServicesDepartmentLibrary Services Posting Information Job Summary/Basic Function
The Resources and Services Library Technician full-time position supports the mission and goals of the library by providing exceptional, high-quality customer service and support for resource management. The technician performs a variety of functions across both Access and Technical Services. The technician participates in library projects and works collaboratively to ensure continuous and high-quality service.Essential Functions:
- Processes interlibrary borrowing and lending requests ensuring compliance with national standards.
- Participates in database improvement and quality control efforts by correcting catalog errors, reclassification, and enhancing records.
- Supports the promotion of library events, exhibits, displays and services.
- Provides quality customer service to library visitors whether in-person or virtually as the first and primary point of contact at the main library service desk; interprets and applies policies following established procedures.
- Supervises, trains, supports, and delegates tasks to student desk attendants to ensure professional, consistent and quality service to library patrons.
- Provides tier one technical support to library visitors; analyzes and resolves library user’s issues regarding campus network, building computing hardware, software and peripherals.
- Assists with purchasing of library resources.
- Communicates effectively and works in a collaborative, team-based environment to achieve shared goals.
- Works on task forces and committees as assigned with staff across the division to achieve shared goals.
- Maintains and communicates statistical data needed by the department to measure work performance and compliance with shared goals.
- Maintains awareness of current trends in library support, technical services and customer service and remains open and flexible in learning new technologies.
1-3 years library experience.
High school diploma or GED
1-3 years academic library experience.
Tuesday – Saturday, 9am – 5pm during the academic year. Other times during the year as assigned.Number of hours/dayNumber of hours/weekProposed Start Date08/01/2019 Posting Detail Information Posting DateOpen Until FilledYesClosing DateApplication Review Begin Date06/26/2019Is this a Temporary Position?NoFull-Time/Part-TimeFull TimeIf Full-Time, please specify12 month full-time (52 weeks)If Part-Time, please specifyNot ApplicableEEO/Diversity Statement
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. We encourage applications from all qualified persons.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Employee Referral
- Jobs at Dickinson (http://jobs.dickinson.edu)
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News
- Referral from Dickinson staff, faculty, friend or family member
- Sentinel Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Yahoo Jobs
- The Guide
- Other Website
- Inside Higher Ed
- Another College website
- Academic Careers
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application