Admin Asst Organic Farm
Admin Asst Organic Farm
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dickinson College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for this position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.Posting Details Position Information Posting Number S00828 Position Title Admin Asst Organic Farm Working Title Admin Asst Organic Farm Position Number Pay Grade/Category Intermediate Contributor C Position Type Non-exempt Division and Department Information Division Finance and Administration Department Organic Farm Posting Information Job Summary/Basic Function
This position manages the College Farm finances; reconciling credit card transactions, invoices, department transfers, etc. plus maintains a handle of the program’s financial progress. Additionally, the farm administrative assistant oversees key administrative responsibilities including managing internal and external communications, assisting with farm event logistics, and promoting farmbased
opportunities and programs.
- Maintain Farm Budget & Finances. Manage the program’s invoices, reimbursements, internal requisitions, budget transfers, and credit card reconciliation on a bi‐weekly basis. Produce monthly budget summaries. Assist Farm staff with annual budget projections and help provide budget oversight within each fiscal year. Maintain contact with Dining Services and reconcile monthly sales.
- Manage College Farm CSA Membership and Communications. Help advertise & promote CSA on campus. Receive & process
applications – maintaining dynamic database on membership throughout the CSA season. Manage CSA membership payment. Field member questions and serve as farm liaison
with CSA members. Spearhead weekly CSA newsletter and assist with coordinating logistics for CSA membership events.
- Assist with DCF Social Media Outlets. Ensure that DCF social media channels are updated with new info and photos on a six month cycle.
- Manage Farm Event Requests. Field inquiries for events at the farm and provide with appropriate request forms. Support
students/groups filling out request form. Forward information to farm staff. Bill groups accordingly. Follow up with groups
after events as needed.
- Provide administrative and clerical support. Answer telephone and manage farm email account. Oversee vehicle registration,
student contracts and summer housing logistics, etc.
- Provide Logistical Support for Recurring Farm Events. Oversee event promotions through online channels, manage event
registrations and payments, field questions by event attendees, assist farm staff with logistical support.
- Administrative Support for Community Garden. Manage Community Garden email account and assist with tracking community gardener applications and payments each spring. Relay pertinent budget information to Community Garden Advisory Committee.
High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Associate’s degree
Five years of experience with administrative and finance work.
Valid driver’s license
While there is flexibility on the weekly schedule for this position, a minimum of three days of work on campus each week is required.Number of hours/day flexible; 5-7 hours/day Number of hours/week 20 hours Proposed Start Date Posting Detail Information Posting Date 04/01/2019 Open Until Filled Yes Closing Date Application Review Begin Date 04/23/2019 Is this a Temporary Position? No Full-Time/Part-Time Part Time If Full-Time, please specify Not Applicable If Part-Time, please specify 12 month part-time EEO/Diversity Statement
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. We encourage applications from all qualified persons.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Employee Referral
- Jobs at Dickinson (http://jobs.dickinson.edu)
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News
- Referral from Dickinson staff, faculty, friend or family member
- Sentinel Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Yahoo Jobs
- The Guide
- Other Website
- Inside Higher Ed
- Another College website
- Academic Careers
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Writing Sample