Senior Administrative Officer
Senior Administrative Officer
Institute for Advanced Study
Starting date: September 1, 2019
Application deadline: Rolling, open until filled
Full Or Part Time: Full time
The Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) at Central European University (CEU) invites applications for a Senior Administrative Officer position. The initial contract is for 1 year with the possibility of renewal.
The Institute for Advanced Study at CEU offers research fellowships to outstanding scholars from around the world to pursue their research for a few months in Budapest. In the Institute’s friendly and intellectually stimulating environment fellows work on their own projects and share their findings with peers through weekly seminars and other community programs.
For more information, please visit http://ias.ceu.edu/.
Duties and responsibilities of the Senior Administrator:
- Oversee administrative tasks at the Institute and maintain contact with the Institute’s Guesthouse
- Budget and financial administration, (assist Director in budgeting, payments in SAP, purchase requests, orders, confirmations, etc.)
- Prepare the bi-annual Academic Advisory Board meetings; assist with selection processes and other Board-related administrative tasks
- Fellows at IAS: in charge of the weekly Fellows’ seminar plus luncheon and the monthly jour fixe gathering; preparing contracts for arriving fellows; up-dating and keeping active the alumni program; preparing the Annual Yearbook, Fellows’ List and Handbook and other publications related to the fellowship program
- Actively support the Institute’s Director in institutional and individual communications and outreach liaison with the Director
- Support the Director: in grant application, management and related tasks
- Support the organization of IAS events, including public lectures, workshops and conferences
- Master’s degree or higher, in any subject
- Previous administrative experience at an advanced level
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to lead administrative work and strong sense of responsibility towards fulfilment of tasks
- Excellent knowledge of English, verbal and written
- Interest in working in a multinational academic environment in a culturally sensitive manner
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to engage in teamwork
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, webpage editing and SAP experience is an advantage)
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment.
How to apply:
Applicants need to submit:
- Full CV
- Comprehensive motivation letter
- Names and contacts for two reference persons
Informal enquiries may be addressed to the director of the Institute Professor Nadia Al-Bagdadi ([email protected]).
Please send your complete application package to:
[email protected] - including job code in subject line: 2019/031
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both master’s and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty from over 50 countries and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit www.ceu.edu.