Enrollment Coordinator, The American Women's College
Category:: Administrative / Staff
Department:: 07-52-5206-TAWC Admissions
Locations:: Springfield, MA
Posted:: Jun 7, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-Time Salaried (Exempt)
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: ENRCOR
- Job Type: Full Time
- Hours: 8:30AM - 5:00PM
- Schedule: Monday - Friday, will require evenings and weekends as necessary
- Position Location: On-ground, Springfield, MA
Working under the direction of the Senior Director of Recruitment, the Enrollment Coordinator is responsible for the matriculation of students into The American Women's College. The incumbent will work with the Senior Director to ensure enrollment goals are met.
- Works with the external Contact Center to convert prospective students who are ready for acceptance to The American Women's College.
- Builds supportive relationship for prospective students with the University at the point of acceptance by facilitating a high-touch set of on-boarding processes to ensure student success.
- Conducts preliminary degree audits and communicates with Contact Center to answer questions related to eligibility of transfer credits.
- Services prospective students from acceptance through matriculation by maximizing systematic approaches to confirm intent to enroll.
- Assists in the management or facilitation of new student orientations including invitations, reminders, materials, web sessions, attendance tracking and follow up.
- Monitors participation and completion of the Orientation to Online Learning onboarding course (EXT097) as a measure of student preparedness.
- Collaborates with advising team on post-deposit communication plan to keep deposited student engaged.
- Coordinates with Student Financial Services staff on the financial aid status of anticipated starts for each session, and does necessary tracking and outreach to help minimize melt.
- Utilizes multiple technologies and systems - including Salesforce, Hubspot, Google Docs/Drive, Zoom conferencing and others - to perform job functions skillfully and to meet goals.
- Ensures accuracy of student records in Salesforce.
- Participates in information sessions, webinars, new student orientations and other events as required.
- Attends training and meetings as required.
- Suggests departmental changes or process improvements when appropriate.
- Completes any other assignments as directed by the University.
- Collaborates with various departments across campus.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Candidates currently working towards completion of a bachelor's degree will be considered.
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years of experience in sales/recruitment, in enrollment management, or college/program admissions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication.
- Strong detail orientation with good personal planning and time-management skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as cooperatively within a team.
- Strong computer and systems skills. Prior experience in Excel, Salesforce, Jenzabar and other CRM (customer relationship management) tools preferred but not required.
- Comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines throughout the year.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial selling environment - and maintain a sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Possess a high energy level, passion for our mission and commitment to student success.
- Ability to travel to occasional regional events.
- Willingness to work flexible and extended schedule including weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Experience in counseling, advising, and academic program development and implementation is helpful but not required.
- Valid U.S. driver's license.
- Must complete the driver safety program at time of hire (within 15-days) and annually thereafter, and submit to a DMV check annually.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPPA guidelines.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University is a smoke- and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work-related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at [email protected] or call 413-565-1168.