Housing Services Office Coordinator
Housing Services Office Coordinator
Job no: 496356
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Student Affairs
The Office Coordinator within Housing Services and Residential Education provides student centered services and support to the offices of Housing Services and Residential Education within the Division of Student Affairs. Supporting nine professional staff members and supervising a team of student workers, this position answers phone calls, handles student and family member walk-ins and manages a lively, fast-paced, high student traffic environment. This position reports to the Director of Housing Services and the Director of Residential Education.
- Manage the daily front office operations of Housing Services and Residential Education including, but not limited to:
- Answer student and parent phone calls in a professional and timely manner.
- Respond to inquiries including answering emails and managing walk-ins.
- Operate from a student centered model that is friendly, welcoming and helpful.
- Communicate first-year student housing assignments.
- Oversee the coordination and management of key distribution, the key database, key cabinets, lock changes and record keeping for lost keys including providing charges to student accounts for lost keys.
- Communicate with the Facilities staff concerning maintenance issues in campus housing, following up with work orders and relaying information to central staff as necessary.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate the student office assistants.
- Assist the Assistant Director with summer housing including the supervision of summer student assistants, key collection, housing assignments and billing.
- Review, filter and disseminate Housing Services and Residential Education mailings, media and promotions.
- Assist in the coordination of the ongoing development of the current information systems and implementation of new system(s).
- Utilize department specific systems, University wide systems, and other technology resources including website maintenance.
- Coordinate the logistics of Residential Adviser (RA) training and selection including, but not limited to, room reservations and menu development and submission.
- Manage the RA Honorariums with the Finance office. Ensure all RAs have completed necessary background checks, including but not limited to follow-up with individuals, tracking and maintaining records.
- Schedule meetings and appointments, coordinating schedules and event spaces using University calendaring system and the Events Management System.
- Provide primary support to professional staff for expense report creation, submission and monitoring.
- Manage the suite’s office supplies including tracking usage and ordering replacement products.
- Oversee the schedule and upkeep of the Vedder Conference room.
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, professionalism and integrity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma.
- Two years of administrative/office management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google drive, with the ability to learn new programs including Enterprise Resource Systems (ERP), reporting systems, and website maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and use good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, organizational, time-management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
Bucknell seeks a candidate whose experience will contribute to the University's commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
- Previous work experience in a higher education setting.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: 10 Jun 2019 Eastern Daylight Time