Digital Marketing Specialist
Digital Marketing Specialist
Job no: 496348
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Communications / PR / Marketing
The Digital Marketing Specialist is a results-oriented, curious and forward-thinking team player with the ability to turn data into insights. Reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing Strategy within Bucknell University’s Division of Communications, the person in this position will oversee digital analysis to formulate strategies, discover opportunities and assess performance of marketing-related areas of the website, email marketing campaigns and other initiatives. The position requires a solid understanding of user experience to optimize campaign performance, conversions and reporting. The candidate should be skilled in transforming raw web, email and social media analytics data into actionable insights/opportunities and presenting data in an easily consumable format. The ideal applicant is innovative, collaborative and data-driven with the ability to offer solutions as well as demonstrate a willingness to learn and expand skill sets.
● Regularly track website users’ experiences and journeys, measuring and analyzing effectiveness of content. Make and implement appropriate recommendations to improve Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
● Develop and manage consistent performance reports for various stakeholders to provide actionable insights and analysis of website content, marketing and email campaigns, blog posts and other initiatives with a focus on KPIs
● Refine Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies to drive new website visitors and explore Search Engine Marketing (SEM) opportunities such as PPC advertising
● Develop, implement and maintain keyword strategies which includes researching keywords and phrases.
● Create and edit marketing and communications-related website content within the CMS
● Manage email marketing, including the creation, testing and deployment of email campaigns, while maximizing engagement, tracking results and reporting on campaign effectiveness
● Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
● Maintain, respect and protect the conﬁdentiality of information held within, or transferred across, the University’s computer and communication resources in any format
● Perform other duties as assigned
● Associate’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field with at least three years of professional experience in website analysis and development, search engine marketing and email marketing automation
● Analytical mindset with ability to track and report on campaign performance metrics and communicate not only data but meaningful insights and recommendations
● Strong understanding of digital measurement and reporting systems such as Google Analytics, Google Data Studio and Adobe Analytics
● Marketing automation and lead funneling experience
● Demonstrated proficiency with content management systems, including responsive design development and best practices. Drupal experience preferred but not essential.
● Knowledge in key areas of digital marketing (SEO, content and email marketing, PPC and SEM)
● Experience creating web pages and adding/editing content, web user interface and user experience best practices, and in conversion rate optimization
● Experience developing and executing digital content and marketing strategies to align with audience behaviors, goals and key messages to drive engagement
● Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present accurate, complex information in a clear, concise manner to audiences with varying digital marketing expertise and understanding
● Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment both independently and as part of a team
● Experience working with Emma, Prezi, Slate and Blackbaud CRMs, Canva, Airtable and Slack
● Demonstrated high level of proficiency with Drupal CMS
● Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
● Experience working with Google Drive
● Google Analytics Certified
● Google AdWords Certified
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: 06 Jun 2019 Eastern Daylight Time