Senior Data Analytics Specialist
As a member of the Research and Institutional Effectiveness Office, the Senior Data Analytics Specialist will work closely with the Office of Information Systems to leverage the College's Ellucian Colleague Reporting and Operating Analytics system and related databases to support the internal and external reporting and research activities of the College. This position will also act as the administrator for the Tk20 application that supports assessment activities of the College.
1. Extract, manage, and maintain complex data sets from the institutional data systems, including the Ellucian Colleague student information system and the Colleague Reporting and Operating Analytics system
2. Design, develop, and trouble-shoot queries that extract data from database/data warehouse systems. Create reports and data visualizations using business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Crystal Reports, etc.
3. Administer Tk20 system for assessment activities.
4. Manage, analyze, and interpret assessment data; use appropriate methods to report results, with particular emphasis on transforming and recoding data into useable information to support reporting.
5. Audit and oversee the data collection process to ensure data integrity on a consistent basis, working collaboratively to understand the data inputs and workflow.
6. Coordinate, prepare, and submit data survey requests for state and federal reporting, and publishing companies (e.g. US News, Petersons, etc.) and information for publication of annual institutional, state, federal and statistical reports.
7. Collaborates with other Institutional Research staff to collect, extract, and acquire data sets.
8. Perform additional duties as assigned to advance the support for college-wide stakeholder decision-making.
1. Report directly to the Executive Director of Research and Institutional Effectiveness
Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, computer information systems, management information systems, quantitative social sciences, or equivalent. Master's degree preferred.
Experience in SQL programming, statistical analysis, exploratory data analysis and visualization; experience with Tableau, Crystal Reports, Business Objects; experience in creating queries to extract data from relational database systems.
Knowledge: Good knowledge of database systems, data modeling, database/data warehouse structures, and SQL. Exposure to academic enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems such as Ellucian Colleague. Excellent knowledge of quantitative analysis and research methods.
Programming and Technical Skills
1. Proficient in SQL programming. Familiarity with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) operations. Ellucian Colleague system experience preferred.
2. Understanding of reporting requirements of higher education institutions and institutional business processes is required
3. Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills
4. Ability to work with complex software/database applications; ability to query databases
Other Skills and Traits
1. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
2. Ability to think independently and act proactively
3. Demonstrated experience in dealing with sensitive information
4. Ability and desire to acquire new knowledge and skills independently
5. Ability to work independently as well as be part of a team
6. Ability to interface with all levels of management, faculty, staff and students