Extension Agent for Family and Consumer Sciences – Warren County
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job Title Extension Agent for Family and Consumer Sciences – Warren County Requisition Number RE18712 Working Title Department Name 81316: KCES District 6 Work Location Bowling Green, KY Grade Level 00 Salary Range Type of Position Staff Position Time Status Full-Time Required Education
No set minimum requirements.Click here for more information about equivalencies: http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalencies Required Related Experience
No set minimum requirements.Required License/Registration/Certification
Job-related travel including overnight stays; visiting clientele at sites throughout the county (including farms); standing/walking for long periods; handling of average-weight objects up to 25 lbs.Shift
Monday-Friday (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) with evenings and weekends as needed. Most weeks will exceed 40 hours.Job Summary
Extension Agent for Family and Consumer Sciences in Warren County.
Location: Bowling Green, KY
The Extension Agent for Family and Consumer Sciences will develop, implement, and evaluate a plan of work based on locally identified needs which will lead to improved quality of living for families & individuals. Will plan and implement educational programs which focus on: 1) making healthy choices; 2) nurturing families; 3) embracing life as you age; 4) securing financial stability; 5) promoting healthy homes and communities; 6) accessing nutritious food; and 7) empowering community leaders. Will develop expertise and serve as a resource in family and consumer sciences programming areas including: food and nutrition; family resource management; human development and family relations; health, safety and wellness; leadership development; clothing and textiles; housing and the environment; home based and micro business. Will implement educational programs which strengthen families and individuals. Will develop and implement leadership programs such as Kentucky Extension Homemakers resulting in the development of personal and organizational leadership skills.
This position will serve all clientele ensuring that all youth and adults have an equal opportunity to participate in Extension programs regardless of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
All agents in a county will support the dissemination of useful and practical information on subjects relating to Agriculture, Family Consumer Sciences, 4-H and Community and Rural Development as outlined in the KRS statues 164.605 to 164.675.
Resume, cover letter and transcripts are required at time of application.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing with groups and individuals and through mass media. Ability to use the computer for program delivery and management. Ability to visit clientele at sites throughout the county. Ability to plan and teach educational programs. Demonstrated leadership and ability to serve as a positive role model.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? No Preferred Education/Experience
Master’s Degree in the field of Family & Consumer Sciences such as Family & Consumer Sciences Education, Child and Family Studies, Dietetics/Nutrition, Family Science, Child Development, or Retailing and Tourism Management.Deadline to Apply 06/30/2019 University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense (felony or misdemeanor) including driving under the influence (DUI)? If yes, please explain giving date(s) and location and complete name at the time.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree or expect to graduate within 6 months?
- * What is your undergraduate GPA? Note: If you will receive your degree within 6 months indicate your current GPA. If you have already completed a Master's degree please indicate that instead of your undergraduate GPA.
- Completed Master's
- 3.0 - 4.0
- 2.5 - 2.99
- below 2.5
- * In what area of Family and Consumer Sciences is your degree?
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Child and Family Studies
- Family Science
- Child Development
- Retailing and Tourism Management
- No degree in Family and Consumer Sciences
- * How many years of experience (paid or non-paid) do you have working in family and consumer sciences, child development, dietetics/nutrition, merchandising, apparel, textiles, retailing or tourism management?
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- Local print media
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcript