Community Engagement Coordinator
To advance the college's and agencies mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the Quality & Outcomes Senior Manager, the Community Engagement Coordinator will coordinate, develop, monitor and provide outreach and marketing of the Heritage Area Agency on Aging. Promote and protect Heritage's brand identity. Invent, develop, deliver and analyze consistent integrated marketing solutions. Communicate via traditional and emerging media. Create, schedule and proof assignments using internal resources and external vendors. Must have excellent problem-solving skills and the flexibility to change direction as needed to meet deadlines. Must be comfortable with public speaking.
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Develop community outreach, marketing strategies and tangible plans based on analysis of results/outcomes from previous initiatives/campaigns to support Agency growth. Conducts market research and competitive analysis to drive behavior change, meet business goals, outreach strategies, and initiatives.
- Works with senior manager to develop business strategies/goals and develops/implements long-term and short-term marketing strategies/goals in alignment with business goals (i.e., Agency goals, revenue goals, and budgets).
- Tracks sources of referrals to our program in order to best target outreach efforts.
- Provides oversight and management of community events and activities to increase Agency referrals and community engagement.
- Strategize with management on agency-wide marketing campaigns and educational materials to use at outreach events.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with pertinent community organization and leaders.
- Recruit, train and organize volunteers to support external outreach goals.
- Understands older adult programs in order to educate referral sources such as doctors, state social workers, etc. about the benefits of the Agency.
- Technical contact for coordination of Agency social marketing platforms, such as Heritage webpage, Facebook and Twitter, etc. and key liaison with KCC Marketing Dept. as it relates to Agency needs.
- Create and manage social media pages, posts & blogs.
- Manage Agency website content.
- Lead and participate in events such as conferences that may provide a venue to educate referral sources.
- Attend identified community meetings as Agency representative.
- Provide education opportunities to public and other key stakeholders.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Identify performance indicators and targets to support agency approved outreach goals.
- Coordinate production of all Agency promotion materials.
- Works with senior manager to create and implement a marketing budget based on resources and strategies needed to achieve identified Area Plan outreach and training goals.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
- Read, understand, and express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
- Must be willing to travel with some overnights expected.
- Represent the college/ agency for agency, local, regional, and state committees, events, and meetings as assigned.
- Provide outstanding service to our customers (other college/agency staff, subcontractors, volunteers, clients, and others) over the phone and in person.
- Be able to effectively utilize technology and computers including, but not limited to, office equipment, word processing, spreadsheets, and database software.
- Show a commitment to detail and accuracy.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree required in marketing, communications, health, human service, or a related field.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have valid driver's license for required travel.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Preference given to individuals with strong communication skills.
- Must be willing to be certified in dependent adult abuse upon hire, if not already certified upon application.
Kirkwood Community College declares and affirms that it values and respects diversity and inclusion in all College-sponsored events, all employment practices, and all educational programs and activities. The College will not tolerate unlawful discrimination or harassment of persons on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, religion, or disability.
Anyone who has questions or complaints should contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, or by phone to (319) 398-5572, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560, Fax: (312) 730-1576, Email: [email protected].