Posting DetailsJob Posting Information Vacancy TypeSHRAIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoTime Limited?NoTime-Limited Appointment LengthTitleAccountantBand LevelJourneyWorking TitleBudget SpecialistSalary Range$37,012 - $105,020Anticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with Experience ($54,822 - $56,595)Salary Grade Equivalency75Position Number00041666Work ScheduleMonday – Friday / 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, additional hours required during peak periods.Does the regular and recurring schedule of this position result in the employee working more than ½ of their hours between 4 pm and 8 am? (Meal periods do not count).NoFull Time Equivalent (FTE)1.00Department110305 - CALS Business OperationsDepartmentCALS Business OperationsJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
This position is located within the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) Budget Office, which is a division of the CALS Business Operations unit at NC State University. The budget & planning team has responsibility for fiscal financial controls and management including budget and cash management for the entire College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. This unit provides oversight and fiscal monitoring for all funds (state/federal/trust/foundation). Additionally, the unit works with Administration, Department Heads, Faculty, University, State and Federal offices in managing the College’s fiscal affairs.Essential Job Duties
The primary purpose of this position is to provide budgetary and accounting support to the assigned departments and units within the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. This position is responsible for a variety of financial and business related duties within the areas of accounting, budgeting, and auditing in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS). This position requires comprehensive knowledge of state, federal, college, University and UNC-General Administration policy and procedures to ensure compliance is met. Knowledge of all funding sources available – state, federal, F&A, receipts, trusts, contract & grants, gifts, foundations. The position will report to and support the Budget Consultant position and responsibilities include processing journal entries, financial reporting preparation, revenue, expense and payroll auditing, ad hoc reporting and other duties as assigned.Other Work/Responsibilities
Other duties as assigned.Minimum Experience/Education
Bachelor’s degree with 12 credit hours of accounting coursework; or Associate’s degree in Accounting; or Associate’s degree in Business or related discipline with 12 credit hours of accounting coursework; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and Word (or similar software).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of how to operate standard office equipment such as copier, scanner, fax and phone.
- Strong knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials and university accounting processes.
- Strong understanding of the complex rules that govern Federal, State and Grant funds.
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references.Job Open Date06/07/2019Must Be Open Until---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)06/13/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date06/24/2019Alternate Option
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Accountant position.
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate degree in Accounting or related field with at least 12 semester hours of accounting
- Associate's degree in Accounting
- Associate's degree in business or related field with 12 semester hours of accounting
- Combination of post high school education and/or experience in the field of accounting to equal at least 2 years
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and experience in the field of accounting to equal 6 years (ex. 1 year of high school and 5 years experience)
- None of the above
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References