Director of the Fellowship Advising Office
Posting DetailsPosting Information Vacancy Type EHRA Non-Faculty Is Internal Transfer Only No Working Title Director of the Fellowship Advising Office Salary Range Anticipated Hiring Range $78,000 - $85,000 Position Number 00101965 Work Schedule Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm - some evenings and weekends Full Time Equivalent (FTE) 1.00 Department 246161 - Acad Prog Ser Fellow Advising Department Acad Prog Ser Fellow Advising Job City & State Raleigh, NC Primary Function of Organizational Unit
The Fellowship Advising Office (FAO) assists North Carolina State University undergraduates, graduates and alumni with learning about and applying for nationally competitive scholarships and fellowships. These awards fund a wide range of opportunities, and many are connected to undergraduate and graduate degree programs or internships, overseas opportunities, and independent projects.Essential Job Duties
The Director of the Fellowship Advising Office will work closely with campus partners such as Undergraduate Research, University Honors Program, University Scholars Program, Trio-SSS, Caldwell, Park, and Goodnight Scholars study abroad, department honors programs, etc. to coordinate a campus-wide effort to support NC State students in their pursuit of distinguished scholarships and fellowships. This effort will include publicizing national fellowship, scholarship, and grant opportunities, providing resources, advising students about these opportunities, working with campus partners to identify and cultivate potential fellowship and scholarship applicants, identifying and convening review panels and selection committees, working with alumni, donors and the fellowship advisory committee, and providing support for the competition process.
Essential duties of this position include:
- Work with campus partners to enhance publicity of fellowship and scholarship opportunities
- Work with campus partners to provide training and assistance in advising their participants on fellowship and scholarship opportunities
- Develop a culture of early identification and cultivation of potential scholarship and fellowship applicants
- Hold information sessions on various opportunities
- Maintain institutional records of applicants and their success
- Follow longitudinal progress of fellowship winners in reaching their educational career goals
- Develop effective on-campus selection processes
- Develop effective means of communicating the results of selection processes to the campus community
- Expand faculty involvement in the fellowship process
- Maintain a dynamic and constantly updated website.
Other responsibilities as assigned.Minimum Education/Experience
Requires post-baccalaureate credentials.Departmental Required Skills
Evidence of scholarly interest and accomplishments
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of constituents from diverse backgrounds and academic areas, including students, faculty, staff, administrators and alumniPreferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Prior experience as a fellowship advisor preferred
Experience or commitment to engage learning and teaching at the university level
Ability to work effectively as a member of a team including demonstrated ability to coordinate the efforts of others
Ability to develop and enact long-term plans
Ability and willingness to work outside of normal business hours and to travel
Ability to create and manage databases, upgrade websites, create effective computer presentations and informational brochures
Willingness to learn and work in a technology-rich academic environment
Highly energetic, flexible and cooperative
Highly organized with great attention to detail
Ability to meet deadlines
Knowledge of assessment methods in program effectiveness
Personal success as a fellowship, scholarship, or grant recipient and/or experience or success in fund-raising or development activities
Knowledge of undergraduate fellowship opportunities, requirements and processesRequired License or Certification
Please attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.Job Open Date 01/25/2019 Anticipated Closing Date Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies? No Proposed Hire Date 07/01/2019 AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- * If you selected "Other" for the previous question, please provide the source you learned about this opportunity from.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References