Student Personnel Assistant - Counseling
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Posting Title Student Personnel Assistant - Counseling Location Los Rios Community College District (Folsom Lake College) Department Location Student Success Posting Number C00895P The Institution
Established in 2004 as the fourth college in the Los Rios Community College District, Folsom Lake College (FLC) is a vibrant teaching and learning institution serving over 8,800 ethnically and racially diverse students each semester. The college and its two educational centers, the El Dorado Center in Placerville (EDC) and the Rancho Cordova Center (RCC), serve the rapidly growing areas of both eastern Sacramento and western El Dorado counties, forming a dynamic learning community committed to academic excellence, innovation, and educational equity.
Our mission is focused on a rigorous educational program with a strong focus on student success. We provide a broad range of academic programs, student support services, learning modalities (including online and hybrid courses), as well as opportunities for student engagement and leadership. We also incorporate the newest technologies for innovative classroom instruction, including collaboration with The Innovation Center Makerspace at the Main Folsom campus.
The Main Folsom campus also includes the Harris Center for the Arts, a state of the art visual and performing arts venue. The Center presents a diverse program of arts, culture and entertainment that engages the entire region. It is also home to FLC’s Visual and Performing Arts education programs, as well as local arts organizations and community partners, who embrace the opportunity to perform and learn in a world class facility.
FLC provides educational environments designed to empower, inspire, and enrich our diverse student population, including students from historically underrepresented and underserved populations. Our college awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees, as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer which guarantees transfer into California State Universities, and numerous private and non-profit 4-year colleges and universities. We also offer Career Education (CE) certificates and degrees and transfer credit for students who wish to continue their education at a four-year college or university.
Our Commitment to Social Justice & Equity
FLC believes that education should belong to everyone. To nourish this inclusion, we champion equity, diversity, social justice, and environmental sustainability as foundational to academic, campus, and community life. We work with the communities we serve toward just and fair inclusion into society in which all people can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We commit to equity driven decision-making, planning, and reflective processes that are responsive to the diverse identities and experiences in our community.
Under general supervision of assigned manager/supervisor, serves as a staff assistant, providing student personnel services and information on college programs. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
The Program for Academic Success & Support (PASS) provides support to students who fall into Academic Probation, Progress Probation or Dismissal status. The goal of PASS is to educate students on Probation/Dismissal policies, provide information specific to student services and resources, and develop success strategies through group and individual counseling sessions. Through comprehensive services, PASS works in partnership with students to assist with returning them to good standing and reach their career and educational goals.
This position is assigned to the Service Success department.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details)Assignment Responsibilities
•Orients students with student/counseling services and programs.
•Serves as a resource person to students and staff, individually or in group.
•Assists students in developing their educational and vocational objectives.
•Maintains records and forms used.
•Performs general office duties.
•Maintains confidentiality of information and materials.
•Interprets program regulations or benefit requirements and assists students in obtaining needed supportive services.
•Answers routine questions regarding program requirements.
•Compiles and studies occupational, educational, and economic information to assist students in making and carrying out vocational and educational objectives.
•Collects and evaluates information about students’ abilities, interests, and personality characteristics, using records, tests, and interviews.
•Conducts follow-up interviews with students.
•Maintains case records as required.
•Prepares and updates lists of information, periodic reports, and resources.
•Serves as resource person for students on probation/dismissal process.
•Analyzes and interprets transcripts in response to inquiries.
•Maintains confidential dismissal records.
•Inputs and removes applied holds.
•Confers with deans, counseling staff and other departments regarding processing of probations/dismissals.
•Oversees student aides.
•Assists with advertising the student/counseling service programs through bulletin announcements, newsletters, display racks and other visual displays.
•Assists with the development of the master calendar of student/counseling services events as assigned.
•Orders, reviews, catalogs, inventories, and maintains materials and the website.
•Assists students by providing information on educational programs.
•Attends appropriate conferences, workshops and staff meetings as assigned.
•Performs related duties as required.
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – FridayTotal Hrs per Week/Day 40 hours per week Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience in a LRCCD student support services position, or similar position with related duties..
EDUCATION: Completion of an Associate’s Degree or 60 semester units (90 quarter units). NOTE: An additional year of qualifying experience may be substituted for up to one year of college education.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)Application Instructions
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required if using education to meet the Minimum Qualifications of this position).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.Physical Demands Salary $3,695.23 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note Posting Detail Information Posting Date 06/07/2019 Closing Date 06/27/2019 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
N/AHow and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.Conditions
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.Quicklink http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/11148 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime", P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed, copy and paste the provided link, for the form <a href="http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf" target="_blank">http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf</a> and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation