Citrus Containment Research Facility Technician
Citrus Containment Research Facility Technician Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201905011501 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $55,000 - $108,500 Position Information Under the general direction of the Citrus Containment Director, the incumbent will assist in providing support for research conducted in the Biosafety Level 3 Plant (BSL-3P) containment facility including but not limited to: support and coordination for day-to-day operations, laboratory security, management of space, coordination with researchers, USDA-APHIS compliance, uniform safety and training programs. Under the direction of the Citrus Containment Director, the incumbent may collaborate with other campus units as needed, may assist by providing knowledge and skills to researchers, laboratory staff, and students who work with the BSL-3 pathogens and arthropods in the biocontainment research laboratory and greenhouses. In addition, the incumbent will provide back up support for the Multidisciplinary Research Building (MRB) as directed by the Citrus Containment Director. The work locations will be both on and off campus where the BSL-3 and MRB facilities are located.This is a one-year career position with continuation contingent upon continued funding.Budgeted hiring range is up to $66,750. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 2 - 4 years of related experience. Required
Minimum Requirements Solid organizational skills to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple projects.
Good written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively in a diverse environment.
Within high containment, maintains knowledge and expertise on existing/proposed changes in all regulations.
Solid, comprehensive working knowledge/understanding of a specific EH&S field including related laws and regulations, and general understanding of all EH&S fields.
Working skills in the appropriate use of technology and relevant scientific equipment as required.
Preferred Qualifications Prior experience in BSL-3 environments.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position