Assistant Coach, Women's Soccer
Assistant Coach, Women's Soccer Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201905302601 Full Time Other $34,100 - $58,950 Position Information Serve as Assistant Women's Soccer Coach under the direction of the Women's Head Soccer Coach. Potentially plan and conduct daily practice for the goalkeepers, a position specific coaching position, if applicant is deemed qualified. Will be required to travel for matches, and be part of the recruiting process of student-athletes for the program, which also can include weekend travel to various locations for youth tournaments and club practices. Identify and recruit qualified soccer players that can receive regular admission to the university. Assist the head coach with program needs that include but not limited to; in game and practice session coaching, improve student-athlete skill level through individual and video instruction, academic monitoring of team members, scouting opponents, video preparation and distribution to opponents in home games as well as coordinate team travel for traditional and non-traditional seasons. Comply with all NCAA and Big West Conference rules and regulations; manage all compliance activities including NCAA time management, CARA logs, and recruiting logs. Please note: The budgeted range for this position is up to $41,250. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training with a college-level program. Required
Licenses License Requirement USSF "C" License or USC equivalent Preferred
Certifications Certification Requirement May need to maintain NCAA certified recruiter status. Preferred May need to maintain CPR/AED and First Aid certification. Preferred
Experience Experience Requirement 2 - 4 years of related experience. Required
Minimum Requirements Current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the affiliated athletic conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) or National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the campus adheres, and, at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
Specialized knowledge of the team sport or activity, as well as basic technical expertise in coaching principles.
Demonstrated effective problem solving and communication skills, verbally and in writing.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with athletic participants.
Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making; be an effective problem solver and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Preferred Qualifications Knowledge in coaching/training the goalkeeper position.
Ability to demonstrate and teach the technical and tactical aspects of the position.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position