Administrative Assistant (part-time)
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 24 national championships (and counting!)
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes us as a "Great College to Work For" with high scores in compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; respect and appreciation, and more.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the part-time position of Administrative Assistant.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant for the Center for Learning Abroad. This position is a part-time position that reports to the Assistant Director for The Center for Learning Abroad (CLA). This position will support the CLA's efforts to help students study abroad by managing application and enrollment paperwork, following up on outstanding paperwork, assisting students with navigating the website and online database. This position will also assist in the planning of events, compiling data needed for reports, and other administrative tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet guests, screen telephone calls, and answer or direct inquiries as appropriate.
- Assist students in navigating the CLA website and online application/enrollment system.
- Track students' progress through the study abroad application and enrollment process and assist with outreach to students who are still missing required documents or information.
- Maintain events calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, events, fairs, class visits, etc.
- Create and maintain database and spreadsheet files.
- Organize programs and special events including arranging for facilities and caterer, issuing information or invitations, coordinating presenters, and monitoring event budgets and payments.
- Prepare and process expenditure requests, expense reports, invoices, and reimbursement requests.
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Compose correspondence to a wide variety of internal and external, international and domestic parties.
- Compile and prepare reports and other complex documents.
- Manage office/staff calendars and independently schedules appointments.
- Create work orders related to office needs.
- Order office supplies and maintain appropriate inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or high school diploma/GED plus six months' experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience traveling, living, studying or working abroad.
- Experience working in an educational setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with ability to compose independent correspondence and proofread letters, memos, and reports using correct rules of punctuation, grammar, and style.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational skills, problem-solving, and follow-through.
- Appropriate professionalism, tact, and ability to maintain strict confidentiality in the handling of sensitive information.
- Ability to research, gather, and organize information to produce concise reports using relational databases.
- Ability to keep accurate, orderly files and records.
- Familiarity with modern software tools for office automation (eg. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Familiarity with html and internet browsers.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and mathematical skills needed to perform calculations using percentages and decimals.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at [email protected]; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling+1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.