Business Operations Specialist - Georgetown College
Business Operations Specialist - Georgetown College
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Georgetown College is committed to the Jesuit traditions of an integrated education and of productive research in the liberal arts, including fine arts, humanities, languages, sciences, and social sciences. The Georgetown College experience is marked by intellectual vitality, a global outlook, and dedication to service.
The Business Operations Specialist provides assistance in the overall administration of Georgetown College, and is responsible for ensuring that all financial transactions flowing through the College's share service center are in compliance with promulgated university policies and business processes, and are affixed with the correct work tags to allow for meaningful financial reporting for department chairs and senior administrators. S/he is also responsible for the initiation and/or review of various business processes, including, but not limited to: Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Expense Reports, Miscellaneous Supplier Invoice Requests, ProCard allocations, Accounting Journals, Revenue Generating Agreements, and cash/check deposits. Reporting to the Budget Director, the Business Operations Specialist has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
Financial BP Initiator & Reviewer
- Oversees accurate data entry, and/or review, of the following financial transactions: Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Expense Reports, Miscellaneous Supplier Invoice Requests, ProCard allocations, Accounting Journals, Revenue Generating Agreements, and check/cash deposits.
- Ensures that transactions entered or reviewed are in compliance with university policies and processed in accordance with campus and school best practices.
- Attaches and/or reviews supporting documentation for all financial transactions, ensuring documentation is accurate, complete, and clearly demonstrates support for the financial transaction.
- Maintains working knowledge of the support documentation requirements for different transactions and/or special funds (such as gifts and grants), communicating with departmental administrators and other GMS financial initiators if supporting documentation is not sufficient.
- Liaises with department stakeholders to assist in the completion and submission of supplier contracts.
- Ensures the timely submission and/or review of the various financial business processes consistent with expectations outlined in the Georgetown College Finance Office (GCFO) Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Masters and maintains an understanding of GMS Chart of Account fields, values, and how they interrelate.
Customer Service and Data Reporting
- Responds timely to inquiries related to all the Financial BP and Initiator and Reviewer tasks.
- Maintains a current and thorough understanding of university, campus, and school policies relevant to the financial transactions associated with this position.
- Maintains continuous participation in training activities, with the relevant stakeholders throughout the academic departments and programs to ensure that consistently high quality information and resources are provided to decision makers within the College's units.
- Provides departments with monthly status updates regarding the reallocation of ProCard transactions, working with administrators and cardholders to ensure all transactions are reallocated in a timely manner, and that proper documentation is obtained as part of the reallocation/reconciliation process.
- Assists the College Budget Director with the maintenance of the Georgetown College Finance Office website, including content creation and editing.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of financial and/or administrative experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, or equivalent (Google Apps), with a mastery of Excel (for example Vlookups and pivot tables)
- Strong orientation to details with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret and apply university, campus, and school policies and procedures within a complex and diverse organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects/responsibilities simultaneously and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Familiarity with managing large volumes of data and database queries
- Proficiency with Georgetown University systems, specifically GMS (Workday) preferred
With your application, please upload the following (preferably in a single PDF):
- Cover Letter
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Business-Operations-Specialist---Georgetown-College_JR06783-1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency